Thursday, August 22, 2024

Thursday's Threads

 


Outfit Day!!! I fell victim to a really good sale at Dreamers and Schemers, but I did semi behave myself by only buying ONE saddle pad, and not one for each horse. See? I'm trying! Shiny wanted to model today, so here's what we were wearing:

Don't worry, you'll see better below. But we were semi twinning! I just can't resist a good hunt scene print.

Okay, here's what Shiny had on:
Look at her standing so nicely! And that waistline! Shiny's having herself a hot girl summer. 

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Brow Band: Dark Jewel Designs
I know, I use this bridle a lot, but it's probably my favorite of the schooling bridles. Plus, who doesn't look badass in spikes?

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Dreamers and Schemers

I wasn't sure if I needed this pad when it first came out. But I knew I had an Ariat shirt that was likely to be a pretty close match. And then I realized that the trim was hunter green, and I was like well, guess I can't NOT own it. So here we are. It looks really cute on Shiny, and I bet it will on Al too. 

Boots: Anky
I just used my favorite green tendon boots with this outfit. They worked very nicely!

Here's what I wore:
See?? We're twinning! Hunt scene top with green breeches to match the pad trim.

Helmet: One K
I dunno... I just think brown looks great with hunt scenes. So I chose this brown One K for today's rides.

Shirt: Ariat
Isn't this so cute?? I had originally bought it to match my lilac breeches, but it also looks great with green. The print on this is really similar to the pad's. The biggest difference is that the pad has light pink on it, and this top has lilac. But I think the complement each other well enough. 
Here they are together so you can see how they differ:
Certainly not the same, but I think it's close enough for a riding outfit. 

Belt: The Sugar Lady
I picked Rio's belt for this outfit. I've been missing him a little extra lately, and it's nice to have a little bit of him with me. I LOVE how this belt came out. It's very special.

Breeches: Horze Grand Prix
These are pretty old, and you've seen them plenty. But they're holding up great, and I love this shade of green.

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
I mean, if you're gonna buy the pad, you should also get the socks. It just makes sense.


Boots: Horka
I've been wearing these a ton this summer. I think because there's been so much rain, and I don't mind getting these muddy since they kind of look muddy on their own... But also, they're super comfy. 

And that's it for today! Any favorites? What do you think of hunt scene prints? Take it or leave it?


2 comments:

  1. one of these days i'm gonna get a good pair of green breeches... for some reason everything i have right now is blue or gray...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are good colors! But yes, you for sure need some green. Green looks SO GOOD on a chesnut!

      Delete