Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Truthful Tuesday

 


Guys. I can't get enough of the Olympics. It's pretty much running 24/7 around here thanks to the Peacock app and having wifi in the barn. It's great being able to watch replays of things I missed (like most of the equestrian stuff) and having access to all the sports. I think this is the first year that you can watch absolutely everything. There are so many sports I've never even heard of. Very exciting. 

But even more entertaining than all of these talented athletes competing, is following them on social media. It's uplifting, it's educational, and it's HILARIOUS! I love getting to see the athletes in the Olympic village, what the food looks like in the cafeteria there, and even all the swag they get from the sponsors. 


Some of my favorite things to come out of the 2024 Paris Olympics so far (in no particular order):

The guy that's obsessed with the chocolate muffins
Snoop in a shadbelly
Simone Biles and her badass self
Suni Lee coming back from kidney disease and still killing it out there
Jade Carey getting her redemption on vault
Laura Kraut I feel like she's been underrated. Girl can ride!
Boyd Martin I just love Boyd.
Karl Cook... Look, I really wasn't a fan, and I still think he's a little annoying. But he did great and he loves his horse
Pommel Horse guy and his Rubik's cubes! (Have you seen this?!)
Ilona Maher especially when she's eating that enormous croissant
Flava-Flav just financing whoever needs it. What a guy! Who knew?

There's lots more. I'm so entertained. I'll be so sad when it's over. Any of you watching? What's your favorite sport to watch outside of Equestrian? Mine is gymnastics, but trampoline looks ridiculously fun! I also enjoy watching swimming and track and field... And surfing... 


5 comments:

  1. ha love this! Simone Biles and Snoop were definitely highlights lol... and yea Karl Cook may or may not be an eminently ....strange fellow lol... but his youtube vlog is actually somewhat interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jade Carey is a student at the university I work for and there's a welcome home celebration this afternoon for her that I'm going to try and go to. Same about Karl Cook; I honestly wasn't sure he had it in him to change his style to fit that mare but he pulled it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool!!! Did you make it to the celebration??
      I will say, I do think he really wants to do right by his horses. And he's definitely maturing as a rider. He had that one amateur moment in the final round, but he got it back together.

      Delete
  3. My confession: I have watched very little! But I have enjoyed the social media posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the social media posts are the best part, so you're not missing out entirely!

      Delete