Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Truthful Tuesday

 


Today's confession? It's about food. So Sunday, I was sleepy by the end of the day. I had a long weekend of the usual stuff (barn chores, riding) but also braiding. I didn't have a ton of horses to braid, but enough that my sleep was pretty disrupted. And so I was very much looking forward to ordering some food for delivery on Sunday night. It's important to note, that I live in the country, and delivery isn't as readily available as it is in most places. We have a local service similar to Doordash that started during the Pandemic, but it's really expensive and takes at least an hour to come when you order. But whatever. I was tired, and really looking forward to a good meal. I ordered a couple of specials from a local restaurant: Lobster Risotto and a mud cake for dessert. I was hanging around, STARVING, and just thinking about my delicious meal that was on the way. I was really looking forward to it. 

I had been daydreaming for a good thirty minutes waiting for me food when the restaurant called and told me they were out of both items I ordered. So I very sadly just asked for a refund because in my state of delirium from hunger and disappointment I couldn't remember what else they had on their menu. And I didn't really want to spend that much money on something that wasn't lobster if we're being honest. 

So then what? It's 7:40. I'm in no state to go out to pick something up because I had been in the barn all day and smelled like it. Also looked like it. I had nothing to eat in the house really. I mean snacks, I had those. But nothing I could really make a meal with other than canned soup. Which was an option, but really not what I was looking for. 

But then! I had an epiphany. Recently Amazon Prime announced a partnership with Grub Hub, which I wasn't all that interested in because Grub Hub didn't deliver to my area. But I thought, let me just see what they have to offer because if nothing else it might help me figure out what I wanted to eat. And you guys. My sad, sad little evening turned around so hard! With this new Amazon partnership, Grub Hub has expanded their delivery area. TO MY HOUSE! So you know what I got? TACO BELL! 

Listen. I know Taco Bell is disgusting. But I LOVE it. And I never ever get it because the closest one is 35 minutes away and that's silly to drive for fast food. The last time I got it (I'm pretty sure)was the weekend I put Jampy down because that depression warranted the drive. (It really did help me in my difficult time. At least for the moment.) So this development is pretty exciting. I now have easy access to Taco Bell anytime I want! I'm not sure I can properly express how this makes me feel. I'm already planning to order it again next Sunday. 

So those are my confessions: First that my mood can be altered very quickly in either direction by food, second, that I LOVE Taco Bell, and lastly, that I am already planning my next Taco Bell order. 

Do you have any deep dark secrets like my love for Taco Bell? Is there a disgusting fast food that makes you really happy? Do spill in the comments, I'm dying to know!

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just don’t feel like cooking and junk food is the answer. We don’t have delivery here and it will be years before that happens. So I often make extra when I cook soup or a casserole to freeze for just those days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is smart to do! I rarely cook. I'm more of a compiler... (I eat a lot of sandwiches.) But freezing meals for later is also a lot healthier than the junk, so maybe if i ever grow up I'll do the same! Haha!

      Delete
  2. Taco Bell and I have an unhealthy relationship. It thinks I'm obsessed with it. It's 100% correct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel this so deeply. My truthful Tuesday confession is that I'm still not sure if food delivers to the farm yet, and even if it does, I'm not relishing the idea of explaining you have to go down a more than quarter mile long driveway to get to my house, so I just...don't eat. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, see that's the beauty of the apps, there's a comment box for such instructions!
      I used to not eat... but now I HAVE to. Which I find very annoying. Life was easier when eating was less imperative. Ahhh to be young again... lol!

      Delete