Thursday, August 15, 2024

Thursday's Threads: Summertime Edition

 

Outfit Day!!! We are making sure to fully embrace all things summer before fall gets here (and I can tell, it's coming...). So Eros and I chose a watermelon theme for this week. Here's what we wore:

I love that he'll humor me with a snuggle even when wearing a ridiculous outfit. That's the mark of a solid amateur horse! Let's look closer at his outfit today.

I was feeling like he had lost some weight since the spring... but I dunno looking at this photo. That's quite the belly on him! My saddle looks awfully small up there.

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Brow band: Home made by me
Bonnet: Woof Wear embellished with a patch from Amazon


I felt like this brow band deserved a closeup. I know, it's ridiculous. But I love it! 

Saddle: Butet
Half Pad: Ippico
Saddle Pad: Smartpak embellished by me
It's a little hard to see, but the ribbon on the pad is watermelon printed. Rind on the bottom, then the fruit part complete with seeds!

Boots: Premier Equine embellished by me
I wanted to find ribbon that was the same as the pad's, but I couldn't find it in the right width for the boots. So I went with this fabric instead. It's cute, even if the colors are a little different. That's why I chose pink for the brow band base, figured it would pull it all together. 

Here's what I wore today:
Nothing says summer like watermelon! And bright green pants. Evidently.

Helmet: Samshield
I chose this helmet today because the crystals felt kind of seed like to me. I think it works.

Top: Promesa
I was actually planning to just wear a pink shirt, but then I found that I had this one, and it's obviously the only real choice. It's tie dye, it's watermelon, it has a little cutout. What more could you want?

Belt: C4
This belt is almost the exact same as the ribbon on my saddle pad. Love a good matchy matchy moment.

Breeches: Equiline
I always whine a little when I share my Equilines with you because they frustrate me. I think these are maybe a little too small based on the stress on that pocket zipper... But the pairs I have that are the size up are a little too loose. So I guess I'm in between. Regardless of sizing, I love the color of these pants. They're so fun!

Boots and Half Chaps: HKM
Admittedly, I should have given these a cleaning before taking this photo... But I didn't. Keepin' it real over here. I got these toward the end of winter when my black boots died, and I really like them. I'm not sure they'll live that long, they're pretty thin, but they're going strong so far!

I forgot to take a photo of my socks, and I've already changed, but I wore some Dreamers and Schemers socks that I got in a special pack they did a few years back. I was able to find a photo of them on the internet, so here's what they look like:
Super cute, and the green was a pretty close match to my breeches. So fun!

And that's it for today! What do you think of the home made brow band? Ridiculous? Would you let your horse wear one for something silly? 


2 comments:

  1. ooh i love the socks!! now that i'm not working barn shifts (and therefore on my feet all day) i've been pulling out all my cute boot socks again and am loving it lol

    ReplyDelete