Thursday, August 1, 2024

Thursday's Threads

 

OUTFIT DAY! But first, I have to let you all know that Al was a very good boy today, and maybe it's possible he just had a couple bad days and I spiraled.... Not that I would EVER prematurely spiral... Not me. Never. Anyway... Back to outfit day! I did things a little different this week because the horses all wore similar outfits, but not identical. So I figured I'd share my favorite piece from each horse. It's fun to mix things up a little sometimes. Firstly though, here's what we all wore today, both with and without me in the tack:

Outfits in action!
(Everyone appears annoyed except Eros.)

Pre-Ride Outfits!

Okay, let's look closer at my favorite parts from this week's outfits. 

Bridle: Butet
When I bought Al his fancy saddle, I also ordered him a Butet bridle to match. And then I stumbled upon a used one on Facebook for Eros. But finding one used for Shiny proved a real challenge. Apparently cob is not a popular size for this bridle in the consignment market. I'm been stalking all the resale places for TWO YEARS with no luck. But then recently someone listed one at a reasonable price and I snatched it up immediately despite the fact that it was not in my financial best interest. Hey, I've never claimed to be responsible. It just arrived this week, and is in practically new condition but better because it's just broken in and conditioned. She's a little bit of a weird fit, but I think it will work for her. We decided to try it out on outfit day, and then it will be cleaned up and packed away in the trailer for if and when we ever finally get to a horse show!

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Hopeful Equestrian
Half Pad: Ippico

I've always loved this combination of colors in the saddle pad. I'm not sure what it is, but it just makes me so happy. I think it's because I was born in 1980 and my childhood was a sea of teal, pink, and purple. Only explanation I can come up with. 

Boots: Eliza T
I got these a few years ago from Epplejeck but the sizing was so weird, I don't use them much. These are medium but are more like full. I had gotten a size small for Shiny but they're so big Eros can wear them. I had later gotten a different color way and ordered Shiny an extra small, and those were too tiny. So we've written off this brand for the most part. But these boots are so fun I haven't parted with them. 

So that's what the horses had on this week. If you like something from the full horse photo that I didn't focus on, feel free to ask about brands in the comments. 

Here's what I wore:
Ya know? I just really am not loving low rise breeches. I think they make me look wider. And sometimes my shirts don't stay tucked in them and that's super annoying. 

Helmet: Samshield
I can't get over how purple this helmet has gotten. Matches great with this outfit!

Top: Math Cat
I just love these shirts. They dry quickly despite the fact that I'm a sweaty swamp monster. And they're pretty inexpensive you can get a bunch of colors. Find then on Amazon if you're looking for shirts!

Belt: Designer inspired

You've all seen this one many times. I got it on Ebay many MANY years ago.

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
I've had these awhile. They were another Facebook find that were an absolute steal! I love the color (it's called Blueberry) and if they were mid rise they would be perfect.

Boots: Celeris UK
I just love these boots. The polo style with the front zipper are a lot more comfortable than rear zip boots. But not only that, nor the fact that they are just amazing in their sparkly glory, but they were a literal shining moment during a weird time. These were my pandemic boots. I'm sure I'm not the only one that retail therapy-d my way through that particular moment in history. Granted, most of my purchases were disinfectant and food... but also these boots.

And that's it for today! Any favorites?

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t like low rise breeches but honestly, you look great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BenjaminspiritasblogAugust 3, 2024 at 1:43 PM

      This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete