Thursday, August 8, 2024

Thursday's Threads: Be more extra than Guac edition

 


Outfit Day!!! I planned ahead this week and did outfit day photos on Tuesday because all the rain was coming. Glad I did that! Although I still got rained on that day too. Shiny is our model this week, and here's what she had on:


I know you can't really tell since Blogger loves to destroy the quality on photos.... But she is indeed just covered in avocados. Which is appropriate since she is more extra than guac. 

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Home made by me
Bonnet: Woof Wear, embellished by me
Charm: Pinsnickety

Seriously though Blogger. This photo is zero percent blurry on my phone. Ugh. Anyway, it's possible I went a little too far on this one... But whatever, it's adorable. How ridiculous is that browband?? Haha!

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Lettia
Sheepskin liner: Eskadron
Pin: Pinsnickety
Do you see the lil' Pinsnickety pin on the right bottom? It blends in perfectly with this pad! I've been trying to make use of all my Pinsnickety pins at home since we haven't done' any showing this summer. It's silly to have these cute things and not use them. 

Boots: Premier Equine, embellished by me
You really can find fabric with anything at all printed on it. I was so happy to find this near perfect match to the pad for use on my interchangeable boots. 

That's what Shiny was wearing this week, and here's what I had on:
That's correct. Instead of wearing avocados I just dressed like one. Hahahaha! Do you see it? The boots are the skin, the breeches are the meat, and the shirt and helmet are the pit!

Helmet: One K
I'm getting a lot more use out of this brown helmet than I ever expected! 

Shirt: FitEq
Big fan of these shirts. I have a few in different colors and sleeve lengths. If you like them, grab one now as they are shutting down.

Belt: C4
Of course I have an avocado belt! I can't believe it happened to have pink on it to match the saddle pad. 

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
The color of these is actually called avocado. So obvious choice for today's outfit. I actually bought them because they also work well with neon outfits. 

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
I actually had socks from Lettia that were an exact match to the saddle pad, but I didn't like the material on them, so when I saw D&S had avocado socks I jumped on them for a replacement. These don't have any pink on them obviously, but they are ridiculously cute.

Boots: Imperial Riding
I think these boots are so pretty! But I will admit they are a little too tall for me. They were on sale from Fundis last year around holiday time, and they didn't have the regular height available so I got the talls. I was really right in between anyway, so I figured with heel lifts they would work... And they kind of do, but ever since I tore my ACL, too tall boots are pretty uncomfortable on that one leg. I'm hoping they'll drop a little more once they're more broken in. 

Alright, that's it for today! Definitely more extra than guac... Ha! Any favorites from today? I think my favorite is the brow band. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Right?? If you're gonna wear a ridiculous outfit, you really should go all out.

      Delete