Thursday, November 30, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 

Well, the time has come. I cannot postpone it any longer. It's an all blue everything Thursday's Threads. But fear not, Chanukah is early this year so we'll have something fun happening soonish. In the meantime, here's what Al wore today:

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Brow Band: Dark Jewel Designs

I'm really happy with these bridles. They are really durable and still pretty at an excellent price point. Can't go wrong with them!

Boots: Premier Equine
It's getting pretty cold here, so I think we'll be switching to our fuzzy boots soon. But for now, we're still using these.

Saddle: Butet
Baby Pad: Ogilvy
Half Pad: Ippico
This is currently my favorite set up. I have a few different color versions of this pad so I can mix it up without actually changing anything.

So that's what Al wore today. And here's what I had on:

I mean... it's not navy at least.

Helmet: Samshield
This is the only helmet I have at the boarding barn right now, so I guess get even more used to seeing it. 

Sweater: Ariat
Tee shirt: Back on Track
I'm not sure what's happening with the neck on this sweater... I think I didn't lay it very flat to dry. Oops. Regardless, it's a lovely sweater. I'm a big fan of these, though I do wish they had some wool in then for extra warmth. Can't have everything though.

Belt: Zazzle
I was messing around with apps earlier this year and made these photos look like pencil drawings. And then decided they'd be cute on a belt, so here they are. I love the create your own feature on Zazzle. These belts are super fun to design. I've made probably too many at this point, but they're often on sale, and are under $25 usually. Not a bad deal. Plus they are reversible so you get two for one. 

Breeches: Dover Wellesley
It's cold out, so these are my go-to for warmer breeches. I'm not the biggest fan of winter lined breeches, so for me, these are a nice alternative. They're a heavier fabric than TS or Equiline, but still are stretchy and very comfortable. The material is similar to Pipers, but the fit is ten million times better. They do run a little big, but I'm not sure if I could size down. I haven't tried. But based on the next two photos, I'd say probably... Lol!

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
D&S made Snoopy socks and I had to. They were on sale though. 40% off for subscribers! I maybe got the Friends ones too. I know. I have a problem. I need a support group.

Boots: De Niro
This is the only pair of tall boots I have at the boarding barn right now. So I'm wearing them exclusively. But I do have a pair of sheepskin lined paddock boots and half chaps so you'll see those as it gets even colder out. As for these boots... I've already worn the color off on the inside. That doesn't bode well for their longevity. Good thing they were crazy inexpensive.

And that's it for this week! Chanukah starts just in time for Thursday's Threads next week. And you know what that means... EIGHT DAYS OF SWEATERS! And I have some new ones. The collection is getting nuts. Tune into Instagram for all the fun.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm i think i have the same ogilvy pad, tho i've only used it with dressage saddles.... might need to see how it works with my jump saddle flap shape after seeing your pic!

    ReplyDelete