Thursday, November 16, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 


Outfit Day! This is my last pre-saved outfit to share. After this week, we'll have real time Thursday outfits. Expect lots of navy. But today? Today we have another cute autumn themed outfit modeled by Eros. Here's what he wore:

I dunno guys... I think the dad bod has slimmed down a little bit. Or maybe this is just his good side? Hard to say. Either way, he's the cutest chestnut I know.

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Hand made by me

Okay, yeah, I've had way too much fun with these wooden beads from Amazon. They seem to make them for every season and every holiday, and I just think they are SO CUTE for silly browbands. Way more fun than the repurposed dog leashes I sometimes use. Or at least, I think so.

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Ogilvy, embellished by me
Half Pad: Ippico
I loved this leaf ribbon so much! I was trying to decide which ribbon to use for fall themed outfits, and I absolutely could not choose between this one and the pumpkin truck one we saw a couple weeks ago. So I just made both. Who needs to make responsible decisions anyway?

Boots: Eskadron
I really was torn initially on whether or not I needed these boots. But we used them a ton this fall, and I'm so glad I made the splurge. 

That's what Eros wore, and here's what I had on:

My barn colors just scream perfect fall outfits so it's really easy for me to just keep putting them together. 

Helmet: Samshield
I really can't get over how purple this helmet has gotten! It's very reminiscent of the old velvet helmets I grew up with. It was a real status symbol to have a properly faded helmet! And I guess I've reached that status level once again.

Shirt and vest: Ariat
Nothing new here today, you've seen these both before. But they are definitely a couple of my favorite things, so you will be seeing them again I'm sure. The shirt is a quarter zip base layer that is merino wool. I hope Ariat does them again one of these days. They're SO nice. And the vest is just so perfect with the hunt scene. I love it. 

Belt: Pony Locks
This is Jamp's tail hair belt. I'm really impressed with the quality on these belts. I wear it a lot, and it's holding up beautifully. Hard to believe it's already four years old.

Breeches: Horze Grand Prix
I don't give these breeches enough wear time. They're really comfortable. They do run a little big so if you're kind of between sizes, I'd go down. I generally wear a 28, and that's what these are, but the waist is a bit loose.

Boots: DeNiro
So I gotta tell you guys. I've had these boots about three weeks now. I ride on average four horses a day in them. I have already worn off part of the leather on the left boot. That's approximately 70 rides. To be fair, I paid very little for these boots since they were a closeout. But still. I do love DeNiro's for how comfortable they are, but the quality is really meh. If I could, I would wear nothing but Celeris. And maybe Romitelli. I need to try them again. 

Anyway, I got to rambling about boots again... Sorry. It's one of my favorite topics! So this is what I wore for my very last at home outfit. Any favorites? Do you have De Niro's? How did yours hold up?


6 comments:

  1. I have some deniro show boots (that I bought used) but I wear them so infrequently (and find them so uncomfortable) that I'm sure they'll last forever 🤣

    Man that vest is so classic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet your De Niro's are the higher end ones. These are just the Salentinos. But still. they should be a little more durable!
      I love this vest, but I'm scared to wear it too much because I want it to last forever.

      Delete
  2. That’s really disappointing because De Niro are not cheap! Big Celeris fan here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, this pair was. But still, you'd expect more than 70 rides before they started wearing!
      Celeris are really so well made and durable. I have a couple pair that need fixing, but they more than served their time before wearing out.

      Delete
  3. I bought some Deniro Tricolore field boots about a year ago in the pebbled leather. They saw more mileage this summer after June (they’re more forgiving than my Ego 7s) so a little better for hot weather when my legs swell. They’re very comfortable to ride in and required very little break in time. However, they kill my feet if I walk in them more than just to and from the arena. It’s easily solved by just wearing my paddock boots around the barn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what these are, the Salentinos. Mine don't bother my feet thankfully! They are really comfortable to ride in too, but I think that might be why they don't hold up.

      Delete