Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Truthful Tuesday

 

Okay, well... I guess I should own up to it... I did buy myself some presents for Black Friday/Cyber weekend. I mean. We all know it happens. But this year, I really shouldn't have. My credit cards are not in a great place, and I have to get gifts for the family still too. But well, I'm just not alway a very responsible person. What can I say? I didn't get too crazy, and I close out several wishful thinking carts I had filled. So what did I end up getting? I'm glad you asked. Because who doesn't love reading about a bargain?! 

First, I hit up Second Round Equestrian. I wanted the snowman pins from Pinsnickety, and I knew they had them. They also had the hind boots that match Al's show Equifits so I got those for him. They don't count as bad though. Because they're for AL not for ME. Duh. 

Next I found myself over at The Tack Hack. They really have some great deals throughout the year, and I cave fairly often over there. I've been lusting over the Monterrey coat from RJ Classics for a long while. But they're pretty expensive. Like $550 expensive and since I barely show, that seemed beyond silly to invest in. The Tack Hack didn't have the gray one that I REALLY want, but they had the navy herringbone which is also really pretty. And with their sale I paid $173. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. Should I have even spent that? Probably not. But what's done is done. 

I stocked up on a bunch of treats for the horses from a few places too, but those don't count as illegal purchases since those are their holiday gifts. But I did have one more stop that I shouldn't have made but also have no regrets... And that was to Sprucewood Tack in Canada. They're my go-to for in stock Ogilvy baby pads, because even with the shipping fees, they're much cheaper than anyplace else. Well. For Black Friday they had them for $35 US. Couldn't pass that up! So I got two all navy pads and two hunter green with navy trim. 

So that's my confession. I bought some presents for me. But I saved SO MUCH MONEY! Kind of. I'd have saved a lot more if I'd bought nothing. But what's the fun in that?  



4 comments:

  1. I mean, who can really resist some of those deals tho?! I may or may not have purchased a fancy leather accessory for a decidedly NOT FANCY chunk of a saddle lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly, I cannot resist... Lol!
      OOooo what did you get??

      Delete
  2. It’s hard to resist the sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. Especially when it's something you've been eyeing already.

      Delete