Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Truthful Tuesday

 

Soooo... I had the opportunity this weekend to clinic with Nona Garson at the winter barn, and... I didn't take the opportunity. For one thing, I don't really have the cash in the budget at the moment. But also, I just didn't feel like we were in a place to really get the most out of it. If I were to ride in a session, I would have liked to do Al. But we weren't sure what the weather was going to do, and likely we'd have been riding indoors. You all know by now how things are with Al in the indoor... Not ideal. On the one hand, I might have gotten some new tips and tricks to deal with his behavior. But on the other hand, I might have wound up being THAT girl in my group. I don't ever want to be the one that takes up all the time because her horse is being difficult. As it turned out, what would have been my section did get to ride outdoors on Sunday. So I did have some mild fomo. I was able to audit that class though, so it wasn't a total loss of education. 

Could I have ridden either of the other two horses instead? Yes, I could have. Eros has very strong opinions about lengthy lessons however, and truthfully, the fun would have been all used up after the first half hour. And I haven't been jumping Shiny all that much lately, so I felt it would have been longer than is fair to her (classes were just about 2 hours long). And if I'm being honest, I have to be more careful with where my money goes, and I just didn't really want to spend that much to lesson anyone but Al. That's where the funds need to be directed at the moment. 

So that's my confession. I chose not to take advantage of a great opportunity because I decided instead to be financially responsible. I did the adulting. How boring.

6 comments:

  1. I just made the same decision last night. There's one last schooling show my trainer is going to in a couple of weeks and I was debating having her show Cinder, but I'm having surgery soon and have medical bills that need to be paid. Being responsible sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the WORST! Hope everything goes smoothly for you and you have a quick recovery!

      Delete
  2. ugh adulting is the worst sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have come to terms with not being able to do all the horse things. But I don’t like it. I console myself with the thought that one clinic = X number of lessons. Which are probably more useful.

    ReplyDelete