Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Truthful Tuesday

 

I'm late posting today, not because I forgot again, but because I can't for the life of me remember what I had planned to write about today. I KNOW I had something... But I didn't make a note. And now I can't remember. It's tough getting old. 

So instead of whatever entertaining confession I was supposed to write about, I will just admit that while I'm trying to adjust to our new schedule now that the horses have moved, I've completely neglected all of the things I need to do here at the house and farm. My laundry isn't all that backed up as far as washing stuff... but I keep folding loads and leaving them on on top of the dryer. I really need to put that stuff away. I can't remember when I last ran the vacuum around the house, but there's much evidence that I'm overdue. And the horse laundry! I really need to get started on that. I want to wash all the home blankets and get them stored away so the mice don't find them first. So hopefully I will get myself settled soon so I can get things done around here. 

Do you guys have to get kind of re-settled after a change in routine? Or can you just roll with the flow and keep things moving along? I think I used to be better at it than I am now. 

5 comments:

  1. I need time to adjust with big changes. I feel like I’m disconnected and just drifting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Exactly that. Just kind of out of place. I imagine the time change happening around the same time as the move isn't helping things.

      Delete
  2. hey, congrats at least on getting through the move!! the rest will get done eventually (or at least that's what i tell myself LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Someday. I need to stop procrastinating at the barn. I always forget about the boarding barn vortex. You just get sucked in and next thing you know it's almost the next day...

      Delete