Thursday, March 9, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 

Outfit day already! We're still rocking the navy over here, but we'll be switching it up soon since there IS a holiday coming up. In the meantime, let's look at what we're wearing here this week. I'll go first. 

I'm trying to invite spring to show up by adding some pastels... so far it's not working. Snow is in the forecast TWICE within the next week. Gross. 

Helmet and boots are still the Samshield and black Celeris samples. So we're still skipping over them. 

Sweater: Ralph Lauren
Shirt: Amazon
Guys, I've been going through my closets and found this sweater (from TJ Maxx) with tags still on it. I don't even remember when I got it, but until a couple of weeks ago, I hadn't been to a TJ Maxx since before lockdown. That's a long time to not wear a pretty sweater. How embarrassing. Also, that top I'm wearing underneath is from Amazon. It is an exact replica of the ones from TKEQ. But the Amazon version is $25 and the TKEQ range from $78-80. The teens at the barns have the expensive ones, and we've compared them carefully. Exactly the same. 

Belt: Mane Jane
I haven't worn this side of this belt in awhile, so figured now was a great time to bust it back out!

Breeches: Equiline
Way back at holiday time I placed an order for a few things from Old Mill Saddlery. One of my items was on back order, so I just recently received my stuff from them. And these breeches were in that shipment. I'm not one to spend $400 on pants, but I am always curious to try new things. And all the cool kids are wearing Equiline these days. This pair was on closeout for just around $100 which for nice breeches isn't unreasonable to me. So I gave them a shot. But I will tell you, I have a few other pairs of bargain Equilines and I think this pair is sized incorrectly. I wear a size 28 in TS breeches, though I can stuff myself into a 26 if it's worth it. (Ahem, my saddle color pair, coughcough). In normal Equiline that makes me smack in the middle between and I-42 and I-44. I have both sizes and I'd say the I-42 are closer to a 26 TS and the I-44 is like a very roomy 28, but not quite a 30. Anyway, for some reason, the website I bought these from had them sized in inches like TS are, so I chose size 28. When they arrived, the tag says I-46. I didn't think they would fit, but tried them on anyway. The waist is a hair big, but the rest of them fits great. I'm thinking maybe they were super cheap because the sizing is off on them? But I have no idea. Long story not so short, I like them, and am glad I don't have to return or sell them and also Equiline sizing is a little weird. 

Our equine model this week is Eros. He was getting seen by the vet for outfit day photos, so he's not wearing any boots this week. But he is wearing his demo saddle that is now officially his! So that's fun!

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs
Someone had zero interest in photos... this was the best of a million attempts. Peep that pretty dee bit though!

Saddle: Butet
Baby pad: Ogilvy
Half Pad: Mattes
This photo looks awkward, I had the saddle pad set back a little too far. I promise everything fits normally! It's interesting to me how different the color is on this saddle versus Al's when they are both supposed to be the same. Al's came pre oiled though, and I'm guessing this one wasn't. I've been conditioning it regularly, but just gave it a coat of oil last weekend. It did darken some after that, so we shall see if it ends up the same color as Al's eventually. Though even if not, this color looks lovely on Eros anyway. 

That's it for this week! Any favorites? 


2 comments:

  1. oooooh spring colors!! i've been wearing a lot of pink lately myself lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! All the spring shades! Wish the weather would take the hint!

      Delete