Thursday, March 30, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 

Outfit Day! Sooooo... since I forgot photos last week, I decided to repeat the horse outfit for this week. Eros wanted to model. So here's what he had one:

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Boy O'Boy Bridleworks

He's so handsome. I mean really. Look at that face!

Saddle: Butet
Half Pad: Mattes
Saddle Pad: Anatomeq
I already talked last week about the sale on these pads. I really love them. I wish they were less expensive, I'd buy so many! Maybe it's best that they're pricey... Lol. 

Boots: Eskadron
I still am really happy with the Eskadron boots. 10/10 recommend if you're in the market. We now have them in navy and hunter so we're covered wherever we are!

That's what Eros wore this week. So now it's my turn! Here's what I had on:

I decided to be less boring and add some color this week.

Helmet: Samshield
I'm still wearing this one. It's my favorite.

Sweatshirt: Horseware

This is super old, but I just busted it out because it goes with my fun orange breeches.

Belt: Designer inspired
I found this belt strap years ago on Ebay and then paired it with this Hermes inspired buckle that's also very old. It's my favorite combo. 

Breeches: Vestrum
I was eyeing these for awhile because the orange is so fun. This brand makes really fun breeches, but they're expensive stateside. I got mine from overseas where they are many hundreds less expensive. They are Italian sizing like Equiline, but they run bigger. To be completely honest, I don't love the fit. They kind of do the saggy thing like Pipers. I feel like I should have sized down, except I think the waist would be way too small. That might help with the falling down though. I dunno. Maybe if I ever try this brand again, I'll try a smaller size. Or a different style maybe. The colors are super fun. 

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
I figured the badass socks were the most logical choice for this outfit. Plus I can use all the extra badass I can get these days.

Boots: Celeris UK

Yes, old photo. Still wearing these, but I haven't shared a photo in awhile, so figured it was about time. 

And that's it for today! Any favorites? Would you wear orange breeches?


6 comments:

  1. The Farm House Tack in South Carolina has been posting a bunch of breeches close outs on Facebook. I had been wanting to try the Vestrum breeches, but they’re much too expensive stateside and overseas the sizes are really limited at the place I could find them. I just bought a pair of the Lazise breeches today in Plum. I’m looking forward to trying them. I’d totally wear orange, I’m just trying to go with more neutral colors. -Rhiannon (google wouldn’t link for some reason)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I almost bought from Farm House, but they annoyed me so I didn't. I hadn't ever tried this brand, so I messaged them a whole lengthy thing about how Equiline fit me and how do these compare. And they wrote back that they don't make fit recommendations. I learned that Kelly over at Hunky Hanoverian rides in Vestrum though, so I reached out to her for fit advice, and then ordered from Riders House. Farm House has repeatedly kind of let me down by not having stock on my orders and now this lack of customer service. I'm not sure I'll shop with them anymore.

      Delete
    2. Farm House has let a lot of people down recently (there's a recent thread over at COTH). I haven't had any personal issues with them, but their shipping speed has definitely been slower than other small businesses I've shopped from. My breeches arrived today, so I'm anxious to try them on after work. I completely understand not ordering from them and I usually order elsewhere when I can find what I need.

      Delete
    3. I hope they fit! Yeah, I used to be a BIG Farmhouse fan, but not so much these days.

      Delete
  2. omg those breeches!! idk what it is but all of my most favorite bright breeches always meet premature ends.... usually in some horrifically ill-timed wardrobe malfunction kind of way, that has me somehow superstitious about buying bright red or pink pants again.... but idk, i do love them....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I get that! If you want to just dip your feet into the bright breeches owning again, I ordered a red pair from Dover that I really like and they were very inexpensive. So if they did die early, it wouldn't be AS sad.

      Delete