Thursday, March 23, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 

Outfit day again! And I was again a delinquent and forgot to take some photos. But we'll make do! I'm still wearing the black rhinestone Celeris and the Samshield so we'll skip those again. We'll start with my outfit since I have proper photos of that.

We're getting closer to time to move the ponies home. So that means the transition to lots of green outfits (and whatever else I cook up...). So this week I decided to wear both navy AND green. Perfect transition outfit! 

Top: Eqcouture
I've canceled nearly all subscription boxes I used to get. (Fear not, the pups still get their Barkbox.) But, I've kept Forelock and Fringe. I've kept if for a few reasons. 1. It's fantastic. 2. They stopped shipping to the US for awhile, but I was grandfathered in as an early subscriber. Because of number 2, I was afraid to stop it in case I could never get back in. But honestly, it's worth every penny and as long as I can find a way to afford it, I'm gonna keep it. All that preamble is because this fab base layer shirt came in one of my F&F boxes. 

Belt: Rebecca Ray
I had actually forgotten that I had this belt in navy. I wear the green on a fair amount, but this one had gotten buried under some other belts. I just rediscovered it the other day.

Breeches: Hadley by Smartpak
Guys, these are an exciting discovery if you prefer side zip breeches like I do! First, I have to mention that as much as I dislike how Piper breeches fit, the Hadley's are actually pretty great. They don't do the weird saggy crotch thing that pipers do. And the fit is just so much better. But I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the size zip version. They were on sale though, and I had a gift card, so I decided to give them a chance. And I'm really glad that I did! I do recommend these, and I really hope they make them in more colors moving forward. They have a few, but mostly the old standbys. I'm particularly glad the green color was on sale though! (Color most accurately portrayed in the shirt photo above.)

So that's what I had on. And here are some bits and pieces of what Al was wearing this week. (My forgotten photos were the equine ones. So sorry. I realize those are the best ones.)

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs
Handsome boy in a pretty bridle. I love how perfectly the Dark jewel browbands match the Joseph Sterling bridles. 

Saddle Pad: Anatomeq
Half Pad (Not pictured): Ippico
Saddle (Not pictured): Butet

I was waiting for Anatomeq to release some new colors and also for their anniversary sale to snag a couple of blue pads from them. I was pretty excited when they did a hunter and navy combo. Definitely more fun than just plain navy. I'm a big fan of these pads. They really keep the horses cool underneath them and they stay put pretty well too. 

Boots: Eskadron

Okay, well busted.... You all know how much I like the green version of this boot. So when I saw that this collection from a couple winters ago was on clearance everywhere, I decided to snag them in navy too. I mean, for $23 a pair, how could I pass that up? I had also tried to find the faux wool lined pads in navy too, but those were long sold out unfortunately. Probably for the best. My wallet keeps saying "stop buying shit!" Wallets are no fun. 

And that's it for today! Some fun new things! Any favorites?

4 comments:

  1. Secretly I'm excited for you to take the horses home because that's when you bust out the really wild outfits 🤣🤣 not that I don't appreciate the green and navy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I am too honestly. Even I'm getting bored looking semi classy all the time.

      Delete
  2. oooh i do like the color of those breeches, glad to hear you like them so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a pretty green! I do recommend. I still don't love them as much as TS, but they're significantly less expensive. I definitely love them the appropriate amount for their price.

      Delete