Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Truthful Tuesday

 

Being a sentient human is so weird, isn't it? On the one hand, lately I've been feeling a little unsettled. Like I could use a break from the same old thing every day, ya know? But on the other hand, when the opportunity arises to do something else (for example, go visit my dad in Florida for a week) I feel like it's too much to deal with to get the horses and doggos situated and I'd rather just not. Like, pick one human! Do you want a break from the everyday or not? Sheesh. 

It's the same with the prospect of showing for me right now. Like yes! I am DYING to go do the thing. But all the unknowns (and my somewhat empty wallet) keep me from committing to anything. Like which horse would I take? Will I have the help I need? WHAT WILL HAPPEN?! I haven't ever taken any of my horses anywhere other than the boarding barn and my house. So I have NO idea what to expect from them. Probably I should just take Shiny to the first one. She's pretty much always the same pony and is generally pretty well behaved. Save for the kicking out in the canter transition... But I'm prepared for that nonsense. I almost feel like I need my own personal trainer for the first outing. And maybe a therapist too... Ha! I mean that couldn't hurt. 

So yeah. That's today's confession. I'm both tired of the same old, and also a bit of a deer in headlights when it comes to doing something about that. Any of you ever feel this way? What did you do to handle it? I think for me, I just need to DO the thing. Perhaps it's time to make some lists, get organized, and pick something to do! (And also get some braiding work so I can pay for said thing.)

4 comments:

  1. You and Shiny will be phenomenal in the show ring! <3 Anytime I feel deer-in-the-headlights about showing, I just dial it back and enter something that I KNOW we can do with our hands (or hooves) behind our back. Like literally a walk-and-trot test or something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan really. If and when Eros shows, it will be the 2' hunters, Shiny will do whatever the teeniest jumper class is, and I think with Al I'll probably pick something like the .80's to start.

      Delete
  2. i hate not knowing what to expect.... but ya know. going out and doing the thing is usually its own reward, and going out into the unknown usually ends up being a lot easier and drama-free than whatever little stories i conjure in my anxious reptile brain lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I think as long as I have the right help with me it should go fine. Though currently my truck is in the shop so more waiting... haha! Doh.

      Delete