Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Truthful Tuesday


 Admittedly, I am currently living a life of leisure. But I still have a habit of saying yes to things that will make life a little hectic temporarily. But it seems to me, that everything always seems to happen all at the same time. So not entirely my doing.

This coming weekend is the end of the month. Which means Eros and Shiny will be coming home!!! YAY!!! They'll come home Saturday afternoon. Also at the end of this month is a local show that used to be quite a big show. It used to carry an A rating, though I'm not sure that it does any longer. Regardless, it's a show that horses need braids for, so as you may have guessed, I have some work lined up. Saturday is also my birthday. Needless to say, I'll have to put off any sort of celebrating until after this weekend. 

I have horses to braid Thursday (2), Friday (4), and Saturday (5) nights. I also have lessons Thursday (Eros), Friday (Al), and Sunday (Al again). And also, I have to move the two horses out of the boarding barn and back home. If Pia keeps me up Sunday night with her barking I'm gonna be a very sad dog momma. 

I briefly thought about not being available to braid this weekend. But I really could use the money (Al's saddle won't pay for itself) and I don't want to leave my regular customers high and dry at the last minute. I do want future jobs! So I'm going to likely exhaust myself this weekend, but it will be worth it in the end. Some cold hard cash in my pocket and two horses back home, will be LOVELY! 

In order to prepare as much as possible ahead of time, I've already fueled up the truck and hooked up the trailer. I'm going to bring home a few things I'm not using at the barn tomorrow too, which should help speed up packing. My worker will get the stalls ready, and that's really all that needs to be done to prepare for the tall kids arrival. I have reorganized all their home blankets and what not, so things are ready and waiting for them. Which also means I don't have to rush to unpack when they get here. Thank goodness. Since I have five horses to braid that night. Oye. Sunday's Al lesson might be a shit show... Though in my younger years, I rode pretty great when I was too tired to think. Hopefully that will still pan out. For Al's sake. Haha.

Do you guys ever find yourself in these situations where 200 things are happening all on the same day? No? Just me?

6 comments:

  1. Whew, sounds like a busy weekend! But yay for your birthday and some of the tall kids coming home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be busy! But all good things! I'm so excited!

      Delete
  2. oh man, i've been double (and triple) booking myself lately too and it' been, yea, a LOT. but also i kinda love the busyness this time of year. good luck getting through everything this weekend -- and yay for the horses coming home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I agree, it's like the spring awakening... but in that cold water in the face sort of way... Haha!

      Delete
  3. I am the QUEEN of over volunteering! But I'm sure you'll get through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably a horse girl problem in general... I did survive!

      Delete