Thursday, July 8, 2021

Thursday's Threads

 




Outfit day already! Summer always seems to fly by doesn't it? I actually have some new stuff I was really excited to use this week so I hope you like them as much as I do! We'll start with the ponies since their new stuff is the best part.

Bonnets: The Hangry Mare
Bridles: QHP
Browbands: Dark Jewel Designs


I had been on a pretty intense hunt to find mesh bonnets for the kids, but the place that all my friends got their's done only makes one size. (Sorry, but why??) I wanted to have identical ones for Shiny and the horses so I kept looking. Eventually, I stumbled on The Hangry Mare and she had exactly what I was hunting for... and then some... Prices are super reasonable and the items are gorgeous! Highly recommend if you're in the market! The bridles you all have seen before, so no need to to harp on those! Instead, enjoy a bonus bonnet photo so you can see the details better:


Saddles: Eros- Butet, Shiny-Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pads: The Hangry Mare
Eros' half pad is Mattes


Yes, you're seeing that correctly! The Hangry Mare can make custom wool lined saddle pads! So Shiny was able to get one too! I was stupid excited about these. I love how she did the quilting on them especially. I also further customized the non wool pads by getting them done in baby pad weight. I will definitely get more down the road. More affordable that Mattes and much faster turnaround. Plus, who doesn't love supporting a small business?

Boots: Eros- HKM, Shiny- QHP

It's been raining here... a LOT. So I wanted boots that I could wipe the mud off easily for today's ride. These both did the trick!

Okay, my turn! Here's what I wore:

Ha... I match my barn... Fun fact, Pivo did not like today's outfit on Shiny since we blended into the surroundings so well. Oops. 

Helmet: One K MIPS

I haven't worn this one in awhile! Thought it worked well with today's outfit though.

Tee: Equestrian AF
This shirt kills me. I think it was Olivia who introduced me to this tee shirt. It's hilarious and a good reminder for me...

Belt: Mary B Hetz

I stumbled on this belt years ago on Ebay and had to have it. But it's on the wider side and has a weird shape so it doesn't fit with a lot of my pants. Fits perfectly with TS though! It's vintage, but not terribly delicate (thankfully). I think it's cute, the horse is like if Pammon and Eros could make a baby.

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman in the color "Saddle"


The first time I saw this color I thought they were hideous. Who wants mustard colored breeches? But then I realized that I, in fact, want mustard colored breeches. They look fantastic with green. And the darker shade of tan is much better for a dirty animal like myself. I happened to find this pair on closeout which most of you know, rarely happens with TS. I had to size down so I wasn't sure they were going to work, but I stuffed myself in there just fine! If you get mid rise and long, they have a little more room that the low rise and/or standard length. Are they too long for me? Yes, they end right where my foot meets the ankle... but they work!

Boots: Mountain Horse Sovereign Lux in brown

Sorry this photo is showing up so dark. It was a cloudy day and I insisted on getting that background... I love the chocolate brown color on these boots. I think they're gorgeous. I still have a ways to go on getting them broken in though. I couldn't wait to get them off when I was done riding! They'll get there, I just don't ride in them enough. 

And that's it for this week's outfit day! Any favorites? How about that Hangry Mare stuff??? I love it so much!


6 comments:

  1. The Hangry mare (Simone) used to ride at the barn I'm riding at before I started there, so everybody has a bunch of HM bonnets and they are all gorgeous. I bought one last year that matched the Mattes pads I eventually ordered. I can't wait to use them all together now that Manny is back for a bit (since the bonnet was made to fit him)! I love your whole outfit....super classy and the HM stuff turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to start linking these fun small businesses in your posts! Off to search for the Hangry Mare 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, you're right! I really do need to be better about that. She's on Etsy and also has a website of her own:
      https://thehangrymare.com/
      https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheHangryMare

      Delete