Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Truthful Tuesday

 

Ugh you guys. Today I need to rant about how difficult it is to get things done! We've already discussed the pool issues at length. That's still not ready for use, but not for lack of my very nice new pool guy's attention. It's just taking awhile to get clear. Understandable given how long it was closed. 


No, today we're moving on to all kinds of other issues... First, I have an upflushing toilet in the barn because the bathroom there actually sits lower than where the output needs to end up. This type of toilet has a motor that does all kinds of gross things to make your toilet work. But you know what the problem is with motors? They eventually stop working. My helper let me know a few weeks ago that the toilet had flooded all over the floor. I had the plumber out, but by the time he came it had fixed itself. (This apparently, can happen.) Super! I moved on with my life. Well. It happened again, and now it can't seem to clear itself. Plumber happened to be on vacation when this occurred (of course) so he couldn't come out right away. No problem, there's another accessible bathroom nearby on the property, I can wait. Well. Plumber was back from vacation on Wednesday. I waited until Thursday to reach out to give him a day to get back into the swing of things. But you know what? He won't return my calls. So now I need to find a new plumber. I mean, not the end of the world, but why does this shit (literally) need to be so difficult? Shouldn't one be able to make a phone call or send a text and get a response and an appointment? Shouldn't it be that easy? No? Ugh. I dunno. 

Then I needed to reorder checks. You can normally do that right from the bank's website. But not now. Oh no. That would be way too easy. I keep getting an error message. After like a million attempts over a few days (I thought maybe it needed to be done while the bank was open...) I finally called the automated number and did get that done. 

Lastly... I need to get wifi out in my barn. I've had cameras for awhile now but the wifi doesn't reach out there so I can't get them set up. In fact, the wifi was set up in my house when I bought it nearly 15 years ago and I know it needs to be upgraded. I've tried with no avail to get my brother to do it for me since that is his area of expertise, but those of you with siblings know how difficult that can be. I finally gave up and tried to schedule for Comcast to come out and do it for me. (Comcast is our local internet and cable provider.) Guys. There isn't even a phone number to call on their website! No. You have to go through their chat bot first. There's even an option right on there to schedule a tech appointment. When you click that button though? The idiot bot says they don't see an appointment scheduled for you. No kidding! Imagine that. I finally begged to chat with a human. Who read what I needed and proceeded to tell me he was going to go ahead and upgrade my service (for more money) to faster internet. I did not ask for that. That is not what I wanted. I said you absolutely will not do that. You will get me scheduled for a tech appointment and that is all. So then the person disappears for a short lifetime. Eventually comes back and says okay you're all set and scheduled. Is there anything else I can help you with? Um... when is the appointment? Seriously. They didn't thing to tell me that part. It's not until next weekend, but whatever at least it's getting done finally. Hopefully. You know my luck. It's not done till it's done. Also, it took an hour and half just to get that appointment scheduled. Ridiculous.

I still have to get my car looked at (engine light is on and my emissions is due... must get the light off or I'll fail emissions), my truck needs an oil change and has a few recalls on it, and I need the well people out to service my water system. But I can only deal with so many difficult customer service scenarios at a time. Maybe next week for those.

I'm also burying the lead because I'm not super ready to talk about it, but Artie received some potentially very bad news at the vet yesterday, and he could use some good thoughts. 

Anyway, thanks for listening to me complain. Have you experienced similar frustrations lately? Kinda makes you miss the days of lockdown where you actually COULDN'T deal with all this poo!

12 comments:

  1. Ughhh sorry to hear about Artie! DM me if you want WiFi help, it's begrudgingly an area I know a lot about even though I hate networking, lol. Comcast almost certainly won't be able to solve your problem for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH... I'll see how the appointment goes, but you might be getting a DM! Thanks for the offer!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about Artie 💔 and also I don't know what the deal is with customer service these days but I'm finding it's pretty much non existent! Good luck with all your scheduling and service people 😭

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking good Artie thoughts!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking good thoughts for Artie... <3

    And ugh x100 on the customer service issues. Why is it so hard for companies/people to be slightly helpful??? Lousy customer service or not answering calls seems to be the new norm these days, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw artie <3 <3 hang in there! i also have outstanding recalls on my car and... yea, also emissions tests and... ugh yea the list goes on :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no Artie! He's in my thoughts. Also comcast is evil, I wonder if there is a way for you to get a signal booster from your house, or is it too far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I think it will work if we move the modem to the center building on the property. Right now it's in my house so the signal needs to get past the apartment to get to the barn. I think if we move it, signal boosters should cover everywhere. Hopefully.

      Delete