Wednesday, July 14, 2021

What's Up Wednesday

 

What. A. Week. I'm not going to harp on the worst day ever since we've covered that plenty. I'll just share the other stuff since life happens all the time. 
I've been a little inconsistent with my horses this past (and current) week. I didn't get to ride last Friday because tropical storm Elsa stopped by to drop a ton of a rain. So that interfered with our second jumping day again. Both Shiny and Eros did get to pop over some fences on Thursday though, so at least we got to jump once last week! They were mostly fine I think. I can't remember, honestly... Here are some cute photos though:


Fortunately, it rained so hard on Friday that the water just kind of ran right off the ring. So the footing was okay to ride. And I rode A LOT. I did Fifi and Bellino over at the other barn first. Then came home and did Shiny and Eros. I was pooped after. Definitely not four horses fit right now! But I made sure to load Artie boy up and take him for a walk in his stroller. Which I've already mentioned was the best thing ever. I didn't take any photos or video from that walk, but I do have this very short clip from the first day we tried it out. I've never seen him so happy (peep that tail)!


This week started out bumpy with Eros springing a shoe on Tuesday so he had a bonus day off. Shiny had to work though. Today was a little crazy... The farrier was here bright and early to shoe Eros (he was due anyway, so good timing I guess) and trim Shiny. Then, I finally had my long awaited hair appointment (it's been two and a half YEARS since my last professional hair appointment). Gray hair is gone!

I got home only to have to leave again because my car was ready to be picked up. (It was in the shop for all kinds of frightening lights being on.) Finally back home again to ride, but only had time for Eros due to having to meet a friend followed by family dinner. It was a long day. One of many really. In between everything with Artie and all of the regular horse stuff, I've also been dealing with the cable company, the pool guy, the electrician, and the mechanic for my car. Always everything at once. Hopefully things are starting to come together with all that extra stuff. 

I don't have too much extra happening the rest of the week so hopefully I can get the horses back on their schedule. I really like having a schedule. I really dislike not having one. I find it very chaotic! 

With the exception of today, I do visit Pammon daily to stuff cookies in his face. A few times a week I'll pull his fly sheet and boots off and give him a nice grooming. He's generally happy to see me, though it's probably more about the cookies I bring. But whatever, I'll take it however I can get it!


He's pretty attached to the girls in the paddock next to him. They came in to work on Saturday and he called very sadly for them until they got back. Poor Pammon. 

P actually seems to be doing pretty well on her own. Today she wanted to play with some toys which she doesn't really do much anymore generally. And she's been looking more spry that normal. So hopefully that means she's happy as an only dog. I'll get her a friend if she wants one, but I think P may prefer to be an only pug for a bit. 


That's about it from here I think. Sorry this post is kind of all over the place. I should have my shit back together next week... Lol! Hopefully!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy on top of having a rough week. Great that you get to see Pammon regularly too. Cookies are like horse crack...lol Fred turns into a regular cookie monster for certain types!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it got a little crazy here for a minute... It was part good and part extra hard. That's life though, right?

      Delete
  2. Sometimes it's good to be busy when there are other things dragging us down. Glad that P is adjusting ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely helps the time go by!
      Thanks, she seems to be hanging in okay.

      Delete
  3. aw the hair looks good <3 one of these days i'll get around to scheduling my first post-pandemic hair cut.... yikes haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it's any consolation, Pascale really relished in being an only dog after I had to say goodbye to Eliot. Even when they're bonded, I think they like having unlimited mom time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. She really seems to be dealing just fine.

      Delete