Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Truthful Tuesday

 

Well... this is embarrassing... So I've had a sore thumb on my left hand for some time now. I thought it was from how I have to lift up Pammon's saddle to get it on my saddle rack at the boarding barn. (I have a top rack there, and I am not top rack height.) But I haven't used his saddle in weeks, and the thumb has remained sore. It was only yesterday that I realized how I actually keep injuring it... 


Yes, that's right. I keep hurting my thumb by smacking my pony. Perhaps it's time I switch to a dressage whip.


12 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I recently bought a dressage whip from Big D's not too long ago for $8.95. I know lime green isn't officially your color, but I actually like bright whips for schooling. My reasoning is two fold: 1) people at boarding barns don't steal them and 2) they're much easier to see when I inevitable drop them in the dirt. I got the blue one, but lime green or orange are options. I like the length and weight of it, along with the price and high visibility.

    https://www.bigdweb.com/product/weaver+graphite+dressage+whip+-+36+inch.do?sortby=ourPicksAscend&refType=&from=fn&ecList=7&ecCategory=100662

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for recommendation! Fortunately, I do have a couple dressage whips around already :)

      Delete
  2. I giggled a little 😆 sorry your thumb is sore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to be insensitive to your thumb pain, that made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Right! The dressage whip has made a big difference, both in my sore thumb and convincing Shiny to listen to my leg... Okay, maybe a smaller difference there.

      Delete