Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Truthful Tuesday

 

An interesting side effect to being "retired" is that I'm having trouble finding my groove for the day to day. I suppose the big bonus to not being tied to a desk for 8 hours a day is that I can do whatever I want with my days. Which sounds amazing, and for the most part really is. The issue though? Well it's me. I thrive on schedules and order. I'm just having a little bit of that feeling of being out of sorts because my days aren't all identical anymore. Part of that is that I've been a little busy between the horses and taking care of all the many, many appointments that didn't happen in the last year due to covid. These things really add up! Mostly dr stuff and house maintenance stuff. That sort of thing. I've come to be much more reliant on my calendar that's for certain! And on the days when I don't have any extras scheduled, I just have this feeling of forgetting something. Or not doing something. You know what I mean? 

I've grown so comfortable with every day being the same that it's kind of uncomfortable having them all a little different. But I think it's a good thing! I will, however, be really glad when all the extras are caught up. Especially getting my hair fixed... I really need to get that scheduled!


10 comments:

  1. After being sent back to the office I have the exact opposite feeling 🥴 too much routine! Haha

    I'm glad you're getting caught up on appointments and having lots of pony time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine that is probably a whole lot MORE stressful!

      Delete
  2. omg all those little extra odds and ends that got put off this past year are definitely catching up with me too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I have a very long list still, but I'm trying to spread things out!

      Delete
  3. I can imagine that it feels a bit weird to not have a huge chunk of your day dedicated to work. You will get used to a new schedule I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes for sure! I'm looking forward to finding the right routine once all these extra things are out of the way!

      Delete
  4. I also thrive on schedules and lists, when I was unemployed I kept myself to a schedule to help keep me in order (like I rode every morning but had to leave the barn by lunch to do stuff at home like apply for jobs and clean)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am trying the same. I wake up the same time I used to for work, and then do whatever stuff at the computer needs doing (emails, blog stuff, appointment scheduling, that sort of thing), and then it's horse stuff, and maybe a house chore or two before dinner. I think I just haven't fully settled into it I guess? It's a nice problem to have though, I hope I don't come off as whining about free time!

      Delete
  5. It can certainly be tough. When I was unemployed, I felt so lost because I had all of this time, but with being overwhelmed from losing my job, I just kind of waffled back and forth between chores without accomplishing anything bc ANXIETY.

    ReplyDelete