Monday, March 10, 2014

Mani Monday! And some new jewels

So it's snowing today... Which has nothing to do with my post, but I felt you needed to stay informed of the weather here.

Now that you're an informed reader, on to the fun stuff! I really can't promise Mani Monday being a regular thing, but I'm gonna give it a go. This week's mani is in honor of the upcoming St. Patty's day:



Sorry the photos aren't great. The glitter in this polish is SO SPARKLY I can't get a decent photo. The base is Avante Green by Maybelline Color Show. The glitter top coat is an indy brand, called That One Nail Polish in the color Ranger. There is SO MUCH GLITTER in this polish you get full glitter coverage in one coat practically! I did two just to even it out a bit. The accent nail is a wrap from NCLA. It's supposed to be a cheetah print. I'm not sure I love these wraps all that much. The NCLA brand tend to last in that they're pretty durable, but they are thick like paper. They're more difficult to apply and always seem to have a bend in them. I prefer the Sally Hansen wraps which are more like actual polish. They are easier to apply smoothly over the nail, though a little tricky to handle. NCLA has some really fun prints though!



So I KNOW you're dying to know about my new jewels. Especially since I'm not supposed to be shopping. Well fear not my friends, all of my new jewels were handcrafted by me! I'm not riding yet since my ring still looks like this:


So I have plenty of free time on the weekends. Especially since Katie and I got our long run in on Saturday. I did spend some time outdoors (since it was almost like Spring) with the doggies but after Artie got loose I decided to head back indoors.


The house was pretty clean, and I am trying not to snack out of boredom, so needed something productive to distract me. I turned to all the bead projects I haven't done. I got a lot accomplished!

Neon Necklaces:



 Pretty heart bracelet:

Giant stone necklace:

Close up!

 Jelly bean necklace:

Pug Jewelry:



Adorable Doggy Key Chain:


And then I decided each of my four legged kids needed a name bracelet (for me, not them):





 Fun right?! I know the name ones are a little silly with the giant wooden letters, but I really love them. I like the natural stone beads with the blocks, it makes them a little less second grade crafty in my opinion. The green and yellow also have stone beads though they look wooden in the photo.


What's on your nails today? Do any crafting this weekend? Leave some love in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment