Monday, March 17, 2014

Mani Monday

Since Sunday was winter once more, I had time to prepare for Mani Monday again this week! I know you're super excited. This week I'm trying to force Spring with my mani. If I paint it, maybe it will come?



You'll have to excuse my stubby little middle nail... He had an accident. Anyway, today I used Julep Denver as my base coat and Julep Antonia is the pretty pink glitter top coat.


I was pleasantly surprised at how well Denver goes on. It's not a very thick polish, but the color goes on really well. Two coats were full coverage with no brush marks or anything.
On the contrary I was kind of disappointed with Antonia. In the bottle it looks like a total glitter bomb. See?






But when you apply, it goes on very thin, with just a few tiny pieces of glitter left behind. I had to really fish for the larger glitters. It took about three coats to get a decent coverage. I do love the look though, just a little bummed out by the formula.

What do you think? Do you have anything springy on your nails today?

PS: Head on over to Facebook and like Amateur at Large!


2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I am the worst at keeping my nails polished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not always so good about it either, but while I have the time, I'm trying to put forth the effort. Plus, while they're drying, it keeps me from snacking!

      Delete