Sunday, March 16, 2014

Weekend Recap and some news!

Ok, ok we can start with the news. It's nothing all that exciting, but I decided my little corner of the web needed it's own Facebook page. Click here and like Amateur at Large!

Now on to more important things... My weekend!
Saturday was actually a gorgeous spring day. Temps near 60 and the sun even came out! Amazing. Similarly amazing is how much more I can get done when it's nice out.
P had a vet appointment at 8:40 which fortunately was quick and painless. It was also a good little kick in the pants to get me moving early!

Once P was settled inside, I went out to see about working some ponies. My ring is still half covered in snow, but there was enough defrosted land to work them on the lunge line! WOOHOO!


Rio and Jamp were very well behaved. I think they're happy to get back to work! Ducky was a little naughty pants, but that's to be expected from him. Here are some photos!

Rio

Jampy
The Duck
I cannot wait to get back on!!!! Soon I hope.

After pony time, I took the shorter four leggeds out for a stroll. They were probably 85 times more excited that the horses were to be out in the sunshine! I didn't take a photo while we walked but this was the aftermath:



Those are some sleepy pugs! 

Once all the four leggeds were exhausted relaxing from all the fresh air, I headed out for a run. As it turns out, I missed the deadline for the lower price on the half marathon I was planning to run in April. I don't have an extra $70 right now, so I'm going to have to skip it. The good news though, is that I don't have to run long! Woohoo! Instead, I've decided to work on my strength and speed a little. I headed out planning to run some hills over 5 miles. However, after a few miles of hills, I wasn't feeling that distance. Instead I ran 3 miles of hills and then did some sprints. It was actually super fun, and I'm really sore today so that means it must have also been productive.


I took a ridiculously long shower after my run. It was glorious. And then went out to get dog food and something to cook for dinner. It's been awhile since a run has left me with the runger (def: extreme hunger induced by running) but this one REALLY did. I was starving! While I was preparing dinner I let myself have a little treat of low sodium chips and dip. Check out the dip I discovered:



It's actually relatively good for you, and it is DELICIOUS! I love anything dill so this was a major discovery for me. I was even semi behaved and only had a little bit before dinner. I made salmon marinated in lemon and dill, and half sweet/half idaho mashed potatoes. I was too lazy to make a veggie.

Yummy in my tummy. MMmmmmm
That was about it for the evening. TV watching and bed early! (I'm old!)

Sunday was winter again. High of 32 but felt like 22 with the windchill. Ugh. Which means I hid in my house all day and didn't do anything worth writing about really. I shall leave you with my favorite view.


No comments:

Post a Comment