Monday, March 3, 2014

Random Thoughts on a Monday morning

Monday again. Is it me, or does that seem to happen frequently? It's not a bad Monday today though, as the huge winter storm we were supposed to get decided to stay south. Woke up to NO NEW SNOW! Miracles do happen. Now I just need the old snow to melt so I can start riding again. My riding ring still looks like this:


I finally got around to painting my nails last night. It's only been a month since the last time! Ooops. So here's my Monday Mani if you will:



The base color is Julep Kristy. It looks black in the photos but it's actually a really dark navy. I was amazed at how it went on that dark in practically one coat. I did two for good measure though. It also goes on shiny but I used the Julep Matte Top Coat to take out the shine.



The tips and accent nails are an indy polish glitter top coat from Hit Polish. It's called Precious Metal. It took about five coats to get the accent nails covered thickly, but the tips were just one somewhat thick coat.


 And my last bit of randomness for today.... I won a raffle! Woohoooo! I follow a blog called Runs With Pugs, and this past week was her 1 year blogiversary. To celebrate, she had a week of giveaways! I didn't enter the ones for race entries since she's in FL and I can't fly there for a 5K specifically, but I did enter the ones for "stuff". (You know how I love stuff!) I usually never win these things. Well that streak has come to end. Not only did I win, but I won the best one! Here's what I'll be receiving:




Crazy right?! That's a lot of stuff. A pair of running socks, a $25.00 gift card to Old Navy (or Athleta), a bright colored Sweaty Band, hot pink shoe laces, and a nifty little shoe tag! The shoe tag will be personalized with the coordinates for the start and finish of a race of my choosing. Fancy huh? I think I'm going to use the NYC Half for my coordinates. It was the biggest race I've done and currently where my PR stands.

So that's it. My random Monday. I shall leave you with a really adorable photo of P.





2 comments:

  1. WOW! congrats!! i always enter blog raffle and never win! so much good stuff!

    ReplyDelete