Saturday, March 8, 2014

Stacie and Katie's Not so Excellent Adventure



It's a BEAUTIFUL day here FINALLY! About 55 degrees and sunshiny goodness. Ahhhhh. So what better day to get the long run in, right? Yeah I guess.
Katie was running 15 today, but I needed only 10, so she went out a little early and did her 5, then we met up and drove to a nice flat nearby town to run together. All started out well. We headed out slowly toward the water for a lovely view for much of our run. About a mile and a half in I realized my trusty iPhone was no longer with us. UGH! So we turned around, eyes to the ground hunting for the phone. The positive thing here, is that the 1.5 miles we backtracked flew right by. No complaints about running there! We passed lots of runners, none of who had seen the phone. <<Sigh>> Katie said lets go back to the cars, and she'd call my phone from hers, maybe someone had picked it up. Someone had! Another runner! So off we went again in search of the runner with the red shirt. We found her at about mile 4.25. Yay! How lucky is that? A fellow runner rescued my phone (from the street!) so it wouldn't get run over. Runners are good people. She even tried calling my dad to see about returning it to me before we had called it. Good people runners are. Here's my new favorite runner and I upon my reunion with the phone:

Don't we look happy?!

So we still had about 6 miles left but the road we wound up on would actually dump us out right around the same route we had planned. Imagine that? What luck! Found my phone and still ran the pre-planned course, just backwards. Win!

For whatever reason, the rest of the run was pretty tough. Probably a lot because I have primarily been training on the treadmill. And for Katie because she had already run 5 miles BEFORE we headed out for 10. Rather than let the difficulty get us down, we decided to take some short photo breaks along the way. It gave us a chance to rest briefly and provided great photos for you!





So we did somehow finish the 10 miles. We lost a phone and Katie's gu along the way. But we actually found BOTH items eventually. Crazy. In a good way! The run itself was HARD. There were puddles, mud, and ice along the way. Seriously, look how filthy my shoes were at the end:


But we managed to get it done. Which is always a win in my book. We're equestrians by sport, running is our hobby afterall!
I shall leave you with our final thoughts on the run:


2 comments:

  1. ugh not our best run... maybe not our worst? Atleast all items were recovered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We survived and found all of our stuff! Success!

      Delete