Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thursdays Threads!






I was really hoping to have a nice spring time themed outfit for you all today, but this is what I woke up to:


Yep. No springtime pretties today. So I'm bundled up once more.


My outerwear is the following:
Leather jacket by Guess. I've been on the hunt for a nice chocolate brown leather jacket for oh... about 15 years now. I have yet to find one. But I DID find this cognac colored one recently on sale for $99 and decided it was perfect! Chocolate brown leather jacket dream, I bid you adieu!
Scarf by Cejon. I got this scarf from Little Black Bag last week during their sale. It actually sold out before I could grab one, but I traded a different scarf for it. I think I spent $8 on it. Here's a close up:

It's super pretty. And I think can work into spring time as well. I love the mossy green in it, I didn't really see that in the LBB photo, so was pleasantly surprised when it arrived.

And now for the outfit:


Let's start at the bottom and work up today. The boots are definitely one of my favorites (I know I say that about all my shoes...). They're leather, by Michael Kors. I got them earlier in the year at Marshalls for $49.00. Imagine that? I almost didn't try them on, as they are marked a half size too small for me, but they fit perfectly, even with actual socks on (as opposed to nylons). WIN! I'm still on the fence about the over the knee boot, but I really do love this particular pair.

The jeans are by Union Bay. I got them on sale over at 6pm.com for something like $9.99. They're very thin almost like a jegging, but not quite. I find the jegging unacceptable for ladies with a butt like mine, but these work really well. Here's a semi-butt shot:


My sweater is from French Connection. It's rather similar to one I showed you a couple weeks ago, but it's a tan and navy pullover, rather than a gray and oatmeal cardigan.... See? Totally different! Here's a close up:


My necklace is by Jules Smith. This one is also from LBB, sort of. They were giving these as a promotional item at one time with a purchase. I received a different one, a lightning bolt:


As you can see, the lighting bolt is huge and not really my thing. But these promo necklaces are non-refundable! I may make it into a key chain. Anyway, point is, I wasn't interested in trading for the other necklaces, until I saw someone's video with the bow in it. And it was tiny and cute, and I loved it! So I decided to try and trade for one. I wasn't having much luck, but one of the other ladies in chat had one at home she wasn't planning on wearing, and she sent it to me! How sweet is that? So long story short, my pretty bow necklace was a gift from a fellow LBB-a-holic. Hopefully I can return the favor at some point.

Sadly about a minute ago, I broke my necklace:






I think I can fix it though!

So on to the rest of my accessories. We'll start with my awesome purse.


This also came from the LBB sale.  It came out awhile back and while I thought it was cute, I wasn't sure that I loved it. But then it disappeared from the site! GONE! And I was oddly really sad about that. So when it popped up in the sale gallery, I had to grab it quick. It retailed originally at $84, but I paid $16.00. Money well spent! Look how well it matches my jacket despite the bag being faux leather. Here's a close up:


Arm party time!





On the left is my trusty watch accompanied by a horse show bracelet that I have no idea who made it... Sorry about that, I've had it a long time! The other beaded bracelet is by Alex and Ani. On the right I have a really pretty leather and metal wrap bracelet that my dad and stepmom brought home for me from Italy. I'm not sure who makes it, but it's gorgeous! Stacked with that is a brown friendship/string bracelet from Puravida and a stretchy beaded bracelet with a turtle bead that I made myself. (I made the bracelet, not the bead, just to clarify.)

I guess that's about it. I was going to talk to you all about my manicure, but I did that already here so nevermind that...

What are you all wearing today? Any must have pieces? Anything you made? Hopefully next week I can share a lovely spring ensemble! (hahahahaha, sure....)









2 comments: