Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Truthful Tuesday

 

I'm always good for something ridiculous after a full braiding weekend, and this weekend did not fail to disappoint. Because the universe is what it is, after my nap on Saturday I woke up to a very cold house. (Every time I make a little extra money, the universe laughs really loudly and promptly takes at least half.) But, I kept putting off calling to have the furnace serviced this year since it's been working fine and I just didn't feel like getting around to it. But like... you should really do that stuff. Because if you don't, the furnace will shut itself off at some point, and it will always be on a weekend. And it will either be the coldest weekend of the winter, or the one weekend that you have zero time to deal with it. I figured since I would be paying an emergency service fee whenever I called on a Saturday, I did what every responsible horse owner would do, and I went to ride before dealing with it. Fortunately, I was able to get someone out early evening before I had to leave to go braid again. I missed out on my hour pre-braiding nap, but that's okay. 

But that's not all! Oh no. This one is straight up funny because I realized it before it was embarrassing. So Monday I had to swing by Tractor Supply to get grain for the horses' impending move home. (Which has not happened as planned since I still don't have a truck...) I had my purse with me, but decided I would leave it in the car and just bring my wallet in. Good thing I decided that since my wallet wasn't in my purse! My own fault, I had taken it out the evening before because I was ordering birthday gifts for my nieces and stepmom and needed the credit card for that. Only I hadn't bothered to put the wallet back in my purse. Oops. Fortunately, I realized it before going into the store and accumulating all my stuff to buy. But it does get funnier. Whilst driving back home to retrieve aforementioned wallet, the furnace people called to see if I wanted to pay by credit card. I laughed and said I very much did wish to do that but alas, I did not have one on my. I told the lady my tale of whoa and she laughed along with me. Anyway, twenty minutes later, wallet was retrieved and furnace repair was paid. 


No comments:

Post a Comment