Thursday, May 4, 2023

Thursday's Threads: May the 4th edition

 

Outfit Day! AND it's a theme day! Sort of. I kind of forgot that I have an appropriate pad and polos for today, so they didn't make it on the horse... Maybe next year. In case you're not a geek and/or related to a geek, today is May 4th, aka May The Fourth, aka Star Wars Day! So here's what I wore today:

Helmet and boots are the same Samshield and black Celeris that I've been wearing, so we're skipping that today.

Top: Star Wars

I wasn't sure this was the best choice in tops today because its effing cold out and raining... But it ended up working fine with a vest over it. How cute is R2D2? I think he's my favorite droid.

Belt: Buckle Down
Obviously I had to wear the R2D2 belt to match. Seatbelt belts are kind of my favorite. I have a few and I'm not sure why I don't wear them more often.

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
You guys know I almost never pay retail for anything. And I will almost always choose the cheaper options when available... But I actually paid retail for these breeches because I wanted the color so badly (dark teal). I was still gainfully employed at the time so it wasn't a huge indiscretion at least. These have the sock bottoms so they are the high end TS. I gotta say, the sock bottoms are really nice. Not nice enough to get me to pay more for them generally... but still, very nice.

That's what I had on! And let's see what Eros wore today (he wanted to be our model). 

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs
I mean... he said he wanted to model, but then he didn't model very well for his bridle photo... Silly pony.

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Ogilvy Baby Pad
Half Pad: Mattes

It almost bothers me that I like the Ogilvy baby pads so much. I never wanted to. But they are very nice and they stay put really well. Eros has pretty big movement through his shoulders and most pads bunch up on him, but these don't at all. 

Boots: Eskadron
Back in the green version this week! Fun fact, I bought them each a second pair of these when they moved to the clearance section because I like them so much and I know it's not possible that they will love forever. I mean, maybe they will? But just in case they don't, we are prepared.

And that's it for today! I'm actually really sad I forgot about the matching horse outfits. But I'm old. And also still not back at home so I'm not seeing what I have a on daily basis. I'll try to do better next year!
That's it for today! May the 4th be with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment