Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Truthful Tuesday

 


Today's confession? Old habits die hard... Lately, I've been staying up much too late and then struggling to get up in the morning. There is not any good reason to stay up late either. With the writers strike going on, the late night shows are all in reruns. (I do love me a good late night talk show...) But it seems like I get a second wind right around what should be bedtime and then I just stay up. I guess the trick might be to go to bed early and avoid that. But I dunno. Often if I go to bed too early, I just wake up in the middle of the night ready to go. So that's not what I'm after either... As a younger person, I was definitely more of a night owl than a morning person. And that hasn't changed with old age apparently. But when I was young, I didn't require that much sleep. Now as an older person though? I actually have to eat right and get ample rest. Ridiculous. 

I think this falling into old habits is the result of my late night braiding a few weekends ago. It's so easy to mess with your circadian rhythm, but not so easy to set it back on track. I don't know how people with rotating shifts manage this!

Anyone else? Do you also have terrible sleeping habits? Or are you one of those people who just falls asleep on time and wakes up bright eyed and bushy tailed? 

2 comments:

  1. I’m a sleeper. Always have been. Having horses at home has cured me of late nights 😁. I find the regular schedule good for me. But even when I am up late I still get up at the same time and plan to nap in the afternoon.

    Reading this I realize how old I sound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not old! Just regimented! I'm a terrible napper, so I have to try and get my sleep all in one go.

      Delete