Thursday, May 18, 2023

Thursday's Threads: Glitter and Glamour edition

 

Got some new stuff to share today... And by new, I mean I bought it all many months ago, but have been waiting to get home to use it all! I'm still sticking with a green theme this week, but there's plenty of glitz and glamour too. Eros is our model this week, and here's what he wore:

Um... also, we have to do a little work on that dad bod... I swear, this horse gains weight just thinking about food. (I can relate.)

Bridle: Ponyo
The glitter bridles aren't new, you all saw them last summer too. But they were the perfect choice with the rest of this outfit! If anyone is curious, these bridles are synthetic, not leather, and are definitely not as lovely as a high end leather bridle. But they are still super fun and the horses don't seem to find them uncomfortable. 

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: CanTack
Half Pad: Mattes
I saw this set on the Instagram, and initially it was shown along with some LV pads that I almost bought instead. But this one with the G's was more inline with my usual color scheme, so I got them instead. And I'm glad I did! The pads are very nice and fit my saddles well. 

Boots: CanTack
The boots are super cute too. 

That's what Eros had on, and here's what I wore:
This olive outfit matched the trim on the pad pretty nicely.

Helmet: Horze
This helmet isn't all that comfortable for me. It's not exactly too small... but it kind of is? I think the problem is that it's pretty round and my head is more oval. But if I keep my hair down, it gets the job done well enough. Plus it's GREEN and has GLITTER on it, which is not easy to find. So I'm hanging on to it.

Shirt: Luyaa
This is one of those Amazon shirts that is a knock of the Lululemon tops. I also fully believe they must be made in the same factory as the TKEQ ones. They are identical. But these are $23. 

Belt: Mane Jane

I went with the olive Mane Jane strap, but in retrospect, I should have worn a Gucci belt to match the pad. That just means I'll have to do another outfit with this pad set in the future!

Breeches: Ariat
These breeches are insanely old. Like easily could be close to ten years old I think. Nothing special about them, but they are comfortable and seem to be holding up quite well. 

Boots: Cavallo
New custom boots are no longer really in my budget these days. But these aren't customs, so I found a way to get them... Cavallo introduced this "Nature" line of boots this past winter. They are water resistant leather and came in this dark olive color, so I REALLY was interested in then. Hufglocken was carrying them with an introductory price that was tempting, but still higher than I really should be spending. (I think around $400.) But THEN, they had a 30% off code for the entire website, and these boots were included. So I wound up getting them for $290 with free shipping from Australia. Now that I could get behind! And here they are! They have a huge range of sizes, so these fit like a custom boot. I've ridden in then two days now and they are already pretty comfortable. If you're in the market for a bad weather boot, I highly recommend these. They are available in black, navy, and brown as well. 

And that's it for today! Any favorites? Impressed with Eros' dad bod? You should be, he's worked hard for that all winter.

4 comments:

  1. Those boots fit perfectly. I was looking through past posts for a link to that beautiful belt you had made from your horse’s tail hair, but I can’t find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://amateuratlarge.blogspot.com/2020/01/truthful-tuesday-one-about-retail.html?m=1

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much. We euthanized my husband’s 31 year old Oldenburg, and I want to give my husband a remembrance present. He is heartbroken. We’ve had Reggie since he was a baby. We looked through the websites, and David picked a hat band from The Sugar Lady.

      Delete
    3. I'm so sorry for your and your husband's loss. It's so hard to say goodbye to them. I'm glad he found the perfect way to memorialize Reggie. (And thanks to Blondie for sharing the link that I was slow to get!)

      Delete