Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Truthful Tuesday

 


I'm having a bit of a struggle getting back to actual, real, regular life lately. The pandemic vastly changed how all of us lived for awhile, but things have been returning to normal over the past year or so. Though for me, life changed a whole lot since I lost my job as things were starting to return to old life. And it's been great, don't get me wrong. I spend all day riding horses, and I'm living my seven year old dreams right here! But I got very comfortable doing the same thing every day. Day in and day out. Always the same. And I'm having the hardest time trying to move on and do other things sometimes. Like I just can't seem to organize stuff. And busy days are super stressful feeling. 

Take this Saturday for example. I had to ride Al early, pack the other two, get them moved home (more on all that tomorrow), and be at my brother's house by 1 for my nieces' family birthday celebration (their birthdays are a day apart so it was two for one!). It all worked out and I wasn't even late for anything (which is pretty impressive because I'm generally five minutes behind on life) but still, I felt all this angst about the whole day. Not crippling angst, more like a low hum of angst. I imagine the more I go out and do, the less stressful it will all seem. But still, it's surprising to me how damaging just a couple of off years can be on a person!  

And in lighter news, I have a funny confession too. I had been using my toaster oven last week to store my leftover birthday cake. I had unplugged it so I didn't accidentally turn it on and double cook said cake. But once the cake was finished I didn't immediately plug the toaster back in since I didn't use it right away. So yesterday I decide I want a bagel for breakfast and put it in the toaster oven. Turned the timer to lightly toast it. Wandered off. Came back when the timer popped only to find the bagel was still cold. Hahahaha! Yep, I forgot to plug it back in. Maybe I'm reaching that age where I'm supposed to start taking memory supplements? 

3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to this. I think the pandemic shifted us to a quieter lifestyle and it’s hard to go back. That day sounds super busy. I’m not good with days like that either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. I don't think I fully understood how constantly over-scheduled life was before. And now I do, and I don't want that again!

      Delete
  2. I've seen the riding school kiddos struggling with returning to school and sports as well, after two quieter years. Some kids did a lot better without the constant pressure of endless extramurals!

    ReplyDelete