Thursday, September 30, 2021

Thursday's Threads: The one with a mini boot review

 


Outfit Day! I had a request for my new boots and I'm going to share them today, but wanted to chat about them first. I haven't shared them yet because I had a problem with them, and I wanted to wait until I had a resolution or at least was working toward one before I said anything negative. As you all know, I'm a huge Celeris fan. I LOVE my boots from them and have had all good experiences for the most part. This time isn't exactly different, but there were some issues. First of all, these are the two pair of boots I ordered earlier this summer:

The first issue was with the pair on the right. They were supposed to be mint green with gold. But the mint is practically white. So I don't love them. I haven't yet ridden in them. Celeris and I talked about having some darker polish made to sort of dye them the right color, and they're game for that, but it hasn't happened just yet. I'm not especially mad about this issue because they had a lot of trouble sourcing this color for me, and things are really tricky in Europe right now with Covid restrictions. So they couldn't have the access to their leather people as they normally do. Despite the color problem, they fit PERFECTLY which I was nervous about because I used new measurements and there was a 2 cm difference from my old ones. That made me anxious because it sounds like a lot and I was afraid I messed up (despite checking ten thousand times). Fortunately, they are perfect. 
Issue two was with the lilac pair on the left. First off, I love them. The rose gold leans more copper, but I think it works and I'm absolutely happy with how these turned out. They also fit perfectly which is so wonderful. I've been riding mostly in boots that are too big for awhile now, so it feels great to have boots that fit again. But the issue with this pair is that the color is coming off on my saddle. 

It washes off with saddle soap, but still. I probably won't ride in them much. Celeris and I talked about seeing if they can replace the inside panel with regular black leather (which has never bled on any of my other boots, this is 100% an issue with this lilac leather, not sure yet about the mint ones), but they haven't heard back from their maker just yet. They made me a very nice offer for a future purchase to make up for these things though, so I want you all to know that Celeris is absolutely making things right in my opinion. I don't like to leave negative things about a company floating around the internet (unless it's warranted). But I do believe in being honest about issues, so that's what this is all about. I did (do) have a problem but I feel comfortable with the resolution I was offered. I will absolutely continue to do business with them. Okay. That part's done. Let's see the outfits!

Shiny and I are holding on tightly to summer even though it's over and we're freezing. So we wore pastels this week!

My hands will forever be in my lap. Just accept it.

I feel like this look is very eight year old on her first pony. I'm here for that though. Reliving my youth and all that. (Mind you, my first horse was 15.3 because my dad didn't want me to outgrow it.) 

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs
I was going to use my unicorn browband and bit with this outfit, but I just sent her unicorn bit off to get converted to leather and was too lazy to switch things around. So instead, I figured gunmetal spikes worked well enough for today. 

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: FSS

Shiny doesn't have a pad that matches our outfit exactly, so I went with gray. It's the neutral of pastels after all, right? I think this saddle pad is borderline too small for this saddle. I have this one and a brown one that is the same, and I'm thinking I may want to replace them at some point. But I hate buying things I already own, so I'm making it work for now. I also kind of want to get her a lilac pad with light pink sheepskin but I'm holding out since I may not want to keep wearing these boots. #shoppingproblems Also, I really shouldn't buy any more pads! Ha!

Boots: Punk Ponies
Shiny has some cute lilac jumping boots but I decided to match to the rose gold instead today. I love this color on her, and as you know, the Punk Ponies boots fit her so well. 

That's what Shiny wore, and here's my outfit:

Trying to match lilacs is the most ridiculous task... So all of this is kind of close enough.

Helmet: Charles Owen GR8
I don't wear this helmet much now that I have all those MIPS helmets, but it's still around. This is it's last year in rotation as it's just turning four. So gotta get some rides in before it retires! (Also, greenie is now five and needs to retire which makes me terribly sad. I may need to replace him. This one I probably won't.)

Jacket: Ariat
Shirt: Tailored Sportsman
I didn't really get a photo with the shirt because I figured I'd be riding with the jacket on anyway, but it was fairly warm in the sun, and I wound up just wearing the shirt by itself as seen in the photos above. KJ's Creations briefly carried TS items, but she dropped the line and had these shirts on super sale. This was a few years ago already, but I still have and wear the shirt!

Belt: Mane Jane

None of my lilac/lavender belts were the right shade at all, so I went with this more neutral one and used the rose gold buckle to tie things together.

Breeches: QHP
Early in 2020 Struck had come out with black breeches that had rose gold accents, and I wanted them so much, but like... not for the price. So I was hunting and hunting, and I found these from QHP. They have rose gold zippers on the back "pockets" (back pockets are fake) and rose gold along the pockets. I got them in black and this tan color. I really like them! They're thin like the Ovation aqua-x but I think the fit is a little better. 

Boots: Celeris UK
I love these so much other than the bleeding problem. They fit like a glove! And I think they're so pretty. Even if I wind up not riding in them, I'll probably still wear them with (thin) jeans and a sweater. 

So that's what I have for this week. Kind of a long post, so if you got this far, thanks for sticking with me! Anything special you want to see for next week? Have any questions? 


12 comments:

  1. Haha, it's funny that we wrote basically the same thing today, except I felt I needed to share the situation midway through without a resolution yet. Otherwise yeah I never share this stuff til it's dusted and settled - I take the power of the blogging platform seriously! Do no harm and all that. My Celeris boots should be here within a couple months, glad they stood by their products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, in your situation, we've all been waiting to see it! But your post definitely did not have a negative tone, and I think you're giving them a fair chance to make it right.

      Delete
  2. I hope they can get both pairs sorted out for you because they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you buy enough from them that it works, but for me, I don't like the idea of money off a future purchase. I want something off the current purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they are also looking into fixing the current pairs. I said upfront I wasn't looking for money back.

      Delete
  4. Do you have boots you’re not able to ride in anymore? Can you still ride in the Celeris boots that are your old size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have a few that aren't working anymore that I need to try and sell. The Celeris though, are all still good. I think because they are a thick leather and keep their structure, even though they're a bit loose, they stay put.

      Delete
  5. Also, what color is that belt on the reverse side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gray on the other side. I think now though, they are backing all their belts with black.

      Delete
  6. Lol I’m also 100% here for letting our inner 8yos run free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'm pretty old, so gotta keep the youthful feelings around!

      Delete