Thursday, September 9, 2021

Thursday's Threads: a non horsey version!

 

When I started Thursday's Threads so many years ago, the focus was on whatever I wore to work that day. It only later became about equestrian fashion. Let's be real, equestrian fashion is way more fun than work clothes. BUT, I don't have a riding outfit to share today for multiple reasons. First, the item I've been waiting for is shipping back and forth across New Jersey for the last week and half and still has not arrived. I thought there'd be a chance it would arrive yesterday so I didn't bother snapping outfit pics yesterday. And then today, it's pouring rain, so riding didn't happen. So this is kind of a throwback to the early days of Amateur at Large with a non horsey outfit! Here's what I'm wearing on this rainy New England day:

Pretty simple. I don't have much on the agenda today other than feeding the horses and doing some clerical stuff, so comfy casual was the way to go!

Top: Ralph Lauren
I like the shoulder detail and the faux leather elbow patches. Makes this otherwise simple tee shirt a little more exciting!

Belt: Sandy Duftler
This olive belt with the rose gold spur buckle was a birthday gift this year from my dad and stepmom. They have great taste!

Jeans: True Religion
True Religion jeans seem to fit me really well, but they're often stupid pricey. Fortunately, there is an outlet near my house so (pre-covid) I was able to stock up on reasonably priced fancy jeans. I like the heavy stitching they do also. I mostly wear breeches all day every day these days, so it's nice to put on a pair of jeans now and then. 

Sneakers: Fabletics
I used to be on a test panel for Fabletics and actually got these shoes for free in exchange for testing them out and reporting back on them. They're not sneakers I would use for running, but they're great for walking in, or wearing out in the rain to go visit Pammon in his field. I know that last one for sure since that's what they did earlier today.

So that's it this week. Sorry for no horsey clothes, but hopefully my meandering item will arrive soon and I can show you guys my homage to back to school outfit next week. It's pretty silly, I think you'll all find it entertaining!

7 comments:

  1. Well now I'm already excited to see what you have up your sleeve for back to school next week 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's pretty funny, but there's always that chance that I'll be the only one who thinks so.... Lol!

      Delete
  2. I had an item go from NJ to VA to NJ to VA and back to freaking NJ before it finally got to me in MD ����‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, um, that was supposed to be the face palm emoji...

      Delete
    2. Lol! Emoji's don't seem to come through on blogger. Blogger is behind the times!
      I feel like the common denominator here is NJ...

      Delete
  3. That outfit is one of my favourites- stylish and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! One of mine too, comfy, but suitable for public.

      Delete