Thursday, September 16, 2021

Thursday's Threads: An homage to college

 

I've been trying to share this outfit with you guys for two weeks, so I'm excited to finally have it ready for you guys! I think it's it's pretty funny, but sometimes, I'm the only one who gets my jokes... Lol. Anyway, this outfit is in honor of all the college kids heading back to school this year for a somewhat more normal college experience. Without further ado... here it is:

I know, it's hard to see. So let's look closer!

Bridles: both are wearing Joseph Sterling with browbands made by me

So I seem to have found a relatively economical solution to wanting browbands that match my ridiculous themes. DOG LEASHES! Yes. I made browbands from dog leashes. You can find pretty much any theme you could imagine on Etsy and the leashes are usually under $20. I was able to make two full size and one cob sized from each leash. So that's pretty cheap. Plus it's simple. Just cut to length, punch some holes, add some snaps. Easy peasy! Also, it may still be hard to see in this photo what the pattern is, so let me just drop this close up for you:
Yep. Beer Pong. That is today's theme. I'm sorry. I'm a perpetual college aged child.

Saddles:
Eros- Butet
Shiny- Custom Saddlery
Saddle pads:
Eros- Equine Star pad, and Ippico half pad
Shiny- Hufglocken

I think Eros' pad is fantastic, and you can't change my mind. Shiny's is lovely too, but in a much classier sort of way. 

Boots: Equine Star

Of COURSE the boots have the same pattern. Cause it's fun! Plus it's appropriate for all seasons since beer pong is played year round. 

And here's what my portion of the college fun outfit:
I like to go all in. 

Helmet: One K CCS MIPS
I went with the blue one to match the background on the print. 

Tee Shirt: Unbranded
Heh... remember Thirsty Thursdays? I'm too old to participate now, but this was perfect given outfit day is on Thursday.

Belt: C4
C4 made these a couple of years ago and I was weirdly excited to own it. 

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
I really wasn't sure which breeches to wear with this outfit. Navy would have been way too much blue in one outfit. I have a pair of red breeches, but meh... wasn't in the mood for them. So I went with these that are kind of a burgundy color. I snagged these second hand for stupid cheap because they needed a small hole sewn up. 

Socks: Living Royal
I'm surprised Dreamers and Schemers hasn't done any party cup socks. Fortunately, these work just fine. 

Boots: De Niro Salentino
I'm so excited I was able to snag this closeout pair of De Niros in my new smaller size awhile back. I loved my navy ones I had before, but they had gotten so big they were sliding down when I rode. These fit MUCH better and they were a steal. 

So that's it for today. Any favorites? 


11 comments:

  1. Well now I'm going to be singing red solo cup under my breath the rest of the day 🤣🤣🤣 love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I've had it stuck in my head for like two weeks now...

      Delete
  2. Beer pong is amazing but I'm anxiously awaiting the debut of your new boots...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do need to do that soon! The pastels need to go away for the season already!

      Delete
  3. My goodness where do you FIND all of these? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually had the saddle pad and boots made... Lol!

      Delete