Wednesday, September 29, 2021

What's Up Wednesday

 

It was a pretty quiet week around here with Eros on the DL. Shiny had both her jump schools. The first one, on Wednesday went really well. There was a threat of rain, so Pivo shot from the barn aisle and photos/media were kind of far away. So not too much to share. Just this one really:


Jump day number 2 was on Saturday. I rode a little later in the day than normal and the shadows were a little funny on the outside line. Shiny is not a spooky pony. But she does get weird about shadows on or under jumps. She doesn't say no, but she wiggles and twists and stares:

We jumped that a few more times and eventually it mostly smoothed out. Pivo was having a hard time with the shadows too, so I didn't really get any useful video. Did manage a few cute screen shots though:


I got to have my Thursday lesson with B too! He had a free lunge in the morning so he was nice and quiet which was nice. He can be a little bit of a bully but the free lunge made him much more willing. We did some bending lines and roll backs that I thought were pretty tricky. Did we do them perfectly? Uh... no. Definitely not. But we did them! 

I ride him in his custom saddle that was made for him and my step mom. Guys. My position is awful in it. I know so many people love CWD's, but, man. I hate them with all of my being. Look at my leg! And that's the best photo! 

As for Eros... I threw him on the lunge line Friday as instructed by my vet. He looked quite a bit better than he had the week before. But he was still not quite right. I sent the video to my vet but haven't heard back yet. He's usually quick to respond so not sure what's going on there. In the mean time, we're sticking with hand walking and regular turn out for right now. 

I'm on vacation. Do not disturb. -Eros

Pammon is also hanging out, enjoying his extended vacation. Here's a cute shot of him and his buddy:


That's all I have to share today. Things are quiet around these parts at the moment, which is nice in its own way I guess. I really hope I can get Eros back to work soon. Fingers crossed guys!

4 comments:

  1. aww Shiny always looks so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about Eros still being NQR, hope whatever it is is resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think (fingers crossed) he's looking good. I get to get on him today. Hopefully I don't die, it got cold here and he's had two weeks off...

      Delete