Thursday, October 13, 2022

Thursday's Threads

 

Outfit Day!!! I'm trying to squeeze in fun outfits before we move for the winter, and it's been awhile since we wore our unicorn stuff. So today seemed like the perfect day! Here's what Shiny and I had on today:

Yep, we managed a quick jump school today! I kept everything 2' or smaller and we both were just fine. Phew. And we looked pretty fab too!

Here's Shiny's outfit up closer:

I usually pair this outfit with a black pad, but might as well go all out and do purple today. Why not? (Also purple pad was more easily accessed than the black one today. #worksmarternotharder)

Bridle: Nunn Finer
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs
Bit: Punk Ponies/Sweet Billy's
Reins: Pink Nose Designs (Etsy)
Is there anything cuter than a yellow pony wearing unicorn tack? No. No there is not. Also, I do not love this bridle and think I may replace it next year. It looks nice enough, but it's stiff. I don't like stiff bridles. 

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Premier Equine
I don't think they sell this color combo anymore. They used to have a bunch of terrible color combos with a few exceptions. (Like this cute one.) And now they only have boring options. Which I'm not knocking. I prefer what they have now to the awful combos before. But maybe they could mix it up seasonally with some fun combinations. Perhaps season based. Just a thought! 

Boots: Punk Ponies
I really struggled to show the colors on these in the dreary lighting outside today. They are the color changing ones that look either blue or purple depending on what angle you see them. 

And here's what I had on:
I'm not sure you've seen this sweater in a riding outfit before. But since I spend most of my life in the barn these days everything is barn clothes now! (More or less anyway.) Plus it's sweater weather. And look how perfectly it matches my boots. 

Helmet: Samshield
I'd like to take this opportunity for a little foliage photo bomb... Also, this helmet is so pretty. And now I would like Spring to return.

Sweater: Lucy Paris
I didn't realize just how long I've been mildly obsessed with unicorn colored items. But apparently it's been awhile because I see I purchased this sweater in 2015. I didn't wear it much back then as it is kind of cropped in the front (longer in the back) and I was a little heavier back then. And it wasn't super in style. But everything comes back around and this style is very on trend at the moment. I like the shape with breeches especially because it shows your belt, but covers your muffin top! Here's more of a side view:
Belt: Tailored Sportsman
You have no idea how excited I was to discover this belt when it came out (quite awhile ago at this point). I was so excited I actually paid retail for it. Imagine that? Me? Paying retail! Fortunately, I was still gainfully employed full time when I did that.

Breeches: Dover Wellesley
Cooler temps not only bring out the sweaters, but also the thicker breeches! Welcome back into the rotation to my Dover Wellesley breeches! I still really like these if anyone is looking for a little bit warmer breech for the cooler seasons. 

Boots: Celeris UK
Okay, yeah, I really need to clean the feet on these... They're supposed to be black not gray. But whatever, look how beautiful they are! I LOVE these boots. I wish I had gotten them after I lost weight because they are pretty loose. But I still love them anyway. They're thick and sturdy enough to not fall down or rub, so they're totally wearable. And, well, LOOK AT THEM! So fun!

That's it for today! Any favorites? Anything you're really wanting to see before it's all navy all the time for the winter months?

2 comments:

  1. I can't decide if I like the boots or belt more. Possibly it's a tie. And that sweater is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably a tie. They're both pretty fab if I do say so... Lol!

      Delete