Thursday, October 20, 2022

Thursday's Threads

 

Outfit day! I wasn't sure if I'd get to wear this outfit because it has to be pretty chilly so I don't sweat to death. But here we are, freezing our buns off up here in New England! Eros will be our model today. Here's what he wore:

Had to sneak in a photo with some fall foliage. Pretty leaves and pumpkin flavored everything are really the only decent things about fall. And Eros looks quite handsome amidst the fall colors!

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs

That face! That hair! His fuzzy ears! He's so cute. I just want to squish his face all the time. 

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Lettia, embellished by me
Half Pad: Le Mieux
Our body worker didn't think this saddle is causing him any troubles so we're going to stick with it for now. When the fitter comes with Al's saddle, I'm going to have her take a look and see what she thinks. I love how this saddle pad turned out and I kind of want to make a couple more (I just have the one) but I hate sewing so much I just don't think I'll get to it... We'll see. We have a long cold winter ahead.

Boots: DSB, embellished by me
I think these pyramid studs are my favorite of the interchangeable tabs I've made so far. Now that I know this prototype is successful, I think at some point this winter I'm going to get some boots I like better and actually sew the velcro to the tabs. This prototype pair I just used adhesive velcro. It's working fine, but I worry if I wash them too often they won't hold up. I think I'm going to use the PEI boots next time, but I'm not positive yet. What do you guys think about these? Should I try to actually produce them for sale? Are they something you think people would buy?

Anyway... on to my outfit! Here's what I wore, though full transparency, I also had a puffy vest over top as it was effing cold yesterday.... 
Yes, that's right! The pleather breeches have made their return! I gotta tell you, they were perfect on a crisp day like yesterday! Really blocked the cold wind. I might need more pleather breeches. Or maybe just full chaps. I'm seriously contemplating riding in fleece lined leggings and full chaps all winter... Since I dug mine out of mom's garage and all. Might need some Celeris sheepskin lined paddock boots though... Ugh. Someone take away my credit card!

Helmet: Samshield
I know, I know. I should probably decorate a One K insert with pyramid studs to really complete the outfit. But I think this Samshield looks pretty great with it anyway. 

Top: Unbranded
I did a real crap job decorating this quarter zip... Lol! The studs are completely crooked on the bottom. I told you. I hate sewing and I'm not really any good at it! But they've stayed on despite going through the laundry a few times a now. So function over form, right? That's how it goes... I think.

Belt: Unbranded
I've had this belt for a very long time. I'm pretty sure I found it on Ebay way back when. 

Breeches: Horze, embellished by me

While I am first to admit that these breeches are RIDICULOUS, I am also going to tell you, I kind of love them. They are soft on the inside, like a jersey material. SUPER stretchy and soft on the outside too. They do not squeak when you ride as many have asked, and they give you a really nice secure feeling in the saddle. (Similar to full chaps if any of you are as old as me and remember how grippy those are.) This pair is comically huge in the waist, but again I'm too lazy to make a new pair. Also, the legs fit well, so not sure I'd fit in a size down. Maybe I could get the waist altered someplace. For now, I just use my belt to hold them up. That's what belts are for anyway. I do like how the studs look on here. Definitely makes them even more ridiculous. 

Boots: TuffRider Regals, embellished by me

These are the tall height, which clearly are a bit too tall for me, but they have some falling to do still. They're so soft that it doesn't hurt at all even with them all the way up my knee crack. (That's a thing right? Knee crack? You know what I mean, the back there...) I think the studs are super fun on these. I found them on closeout for like $70 a year or two ago, which makes it much less stressful to punch holes in them for the studs. Regals are my favorite boots for decorating because you can frequently find them very inexpensively and they're guaranteed to be comfortable. I don't think I would have the gumption to decorate expensive boots. I couldn't do it. 

Anyway, that's what we wore this week! Any favorite pieces? Thoughts on my decorating skills? Opinions on the interchangeable boots? Should I do it? I feel like I could use a business venture in my life. 

2 comments:

  1. I would be down for interchangeable boots. I found a green pair to match a saddle pad I have, but the tabs on them were bright silver and didn't match at all. I would love to have interchangeable tabs so they could match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I probably would just have a stock boot to start, probably black, and then if it was a hit, do another color like brown or white and see how that goes. Maybe eventually expand to a handful of colors for the eventing and dressage crowds. So my tabs wouldn't work on the boots you already have, but for future, you could buy one pair of boots, and then just gets different tabs to match your pads.

      Delete