Friday, October 7, 2022

Thursday's Threads

 

Outfit Day! We went neon again this week, but like, toned down neon. Kind of. Toned down for me anyway. I figured I should squeeze in one more neon outfit before we move for the winter. Eros is our model today and here's what he had on:

Peep that sunshine on him! If not for the noisy neighbor it would have been the most perfect day to ride. Alas, the neighbor always seems to ruin these gorgeous days. Won't miss him this winter when we move. 

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs

I'll admit I've been in a bit of a funk about the Al drama. Not like a really big funk, we're working through things. But I've just been a little meh about riding life in general. So I didn't go all out with this outfit this week. As such, we didn't bother with the neon browbands and just stuck with the spikes. Spikes go with everything. 

Boots: Eskadron
My funk was not the reason for the boring boots. The mud was to blame for that! I try not to have to wash the interchangeable boots too often since I attached the velcro with adhesive rather than sewing. (I hate sewing and do not have a machine.) And I thought I had PEI boots in black, but I could only find Shiny's. So I pulled these old reliables out of the tub of black horse stuff. Guys. These boots were Cosmo's. You didn't even know Cosmo. That's how old they are. If I had to guess, I'd say they are roughly 22 years old. It's possible they are a year or two older. Crazy.

Saddle Pad: Smartpak embellished by me
Saddle: Butet
Half Pad: Le Mieux
Look at that freshly oiled saddle! It's so happy! I'm really liking this saddle for Eros, but I'm still not sure if he likes it. He's a little hard to read because he's not very vocal about tack. I guess we'll find out next time the body worker comes. Fingers crossed it's a keeper because this is my favorite of my saddles. 

That's what Eros wore today, and here's what I had on:
Okay, by toned down, I meant Eros' outfit. Clearly not mine. Heh... 

Helmet: Samshield
If you're wondering how deeply damaged my confidence is, I actually considered not wearing this helmet today because I didn't want to get it muddy if I fell off again... But for the sake of fashion I went ahead and wore it anyway. And I stayed on! So all worked out. 

Sweater: Ralph Lauren
Real talk. I saw this sweater a long while ago on the Ralph Lauren website. But it was stupid expensive because Ralph Lauren, amiright? Every now and then I'd wander back over there hoping it would be on sale. I swear it's been on that site for a couple years now. Well, it finally happened. It went on sale! And I snagged myself one. It's not technically neon. More muted neon. But it works. Same color scheme as the boots anyway even if it's not quite as bright (which let's be real, is probably for the best).

Belt: Duftler
I grabbed this belt a year or so ago for $40 secondhand. Great find!

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
HR Apparel on Instagram sells used and past season Tailoreds at decent prices. As much as I wish it weren't true, TS breeches fit me the best. So when I saw these (and maybe also the Sorbet color...) on there in my size, I had to have them. TS calls this color avocado. 

Boots: Hand painted by me
I've already forgotten what brand of these boots these actually are. They're REALLY comfortable though. The paint is holding up fairly well. There is some cracking on the pink and you'll notice that where my spurs normally go there's been some wear. But otherwise, I'm pleased with how they're doing. I think the cracking is my fault. I had painted a few coats of pink before realizing that I should have done white first. Rather than removing all the pink, I just painted white over it, then added more pink. So there are A LOT of coats of paint on the pink areas. And I think that's why they are cracking. The other colors don't really show any signs of wear. The marks on the back of the yellow are just marks from the spurs, not wear on the paint. Since this is my first pair I painted, it's definitely a trial pair! 

And that's it for today! Any favorites? Are you impressed by the longevity of those Eskadron boots? I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment