Thursday, October 27, 2022

Thursday's Threads: The last one at home

 

Outfit Day! Since this is the last one before we move for the winter, and since Halloween is approaching, of course we had to wear our candy corn outfits! 

Not today's actual outfit, but the doggos wanted in too...
(The dogs did not, in fact, want in. But they appeased their mom.)
(Also, this is some really high quality photo editing work.)

I have a few changes from years past, but really, there's not much left to alter. Al is our model today because he hasn't had a turn in awhile. Plus, his coloring is perfect for our outfit.

He actually did have his lil ears up for this photo... and he also has hooves on his back legs... But I was too lazy to fix this poor photo edit. We're not exactly looking professional in head to toe candy corn anyway. 

Bridle: Pinnacle
Browband: Repurposed by me
I hadn't planned on making Al his own candy corn bridle, I was just going to share browbands with Eros. But I have some extra bridles now that Pammon is sold and I also had this browband laying around. I just had to get some more ribbon. So for a few dollars Al gets his own after all. Less work especially since Eros' candy corn browband doesn't snap on and off. (This one does though!)

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: The Barn Closet (Etsy)
Half Pad: Ippico
I ordered these a bit ago after moving the weird shaped one Shiny wore last year into the for sale pile. These are baby pad thickness, and so well made! I highly recommend The Barn Closet for fun pads. She does a beautiful job. I also have wrap holders for the stall front from her (for if and when I ever get to an away horse show again). 

Boots: Ride Now
Bell boots: Riding Gears

I was going to splurge for Al and get him some orange Eskadron dressage boots, but then I found these on Amazon for very little money. They also came with hind boots but they seemed like overkill for a tack walk... I used what's almost the last of my candy corn duct tape to embellish the velcro. I like it with the orange!

That's what Al had on, and here's what I wore:
Ha! I can't even. It's a lot even for me. Let's look closer!

Helmet: One K
Last year I covered that center piece with the duct tape. But this year, I splurged and got orange rails and the front shield. I couldn't resist. Love how it all looks together!

Hoodie: Tee Public
I got this awhile ago, but I still think it's so cure! The candy corn horn... the pumpkin cutie mark... All of it! Adorable.

Belt: C4
Yep, still love it! You've all seen it many times by now.

Breeches: Dover Wellesley
I found these orange breeches on sale back in the beginning of the summer, and for $40 I figured I should add them to the collection. I like the Wellesleys they're comfortable and can't beat the sale prices!

Boots: TuffRider Regal, embellished by duct tape.

Why yes, those are duct tape spur straps! I made them last year, and so far they're holding up. I obviously don't use them much, but still. I'm impressed! This pair of boots is about shot, so I only wear them once a year for this outfit. Hey, it's better than adding them to the landfill, right?

Watch Band: Unbranded from Amazon
Crop: Embellished by me and duct tape

That crop was all hideous and totally beat up so this was the perfect use for it! I love how ridiculous this outfit is, but I also like it because I found uses for so many things I was going to have to throw away. 

And that's it for today! Next week we'll probably be back in the navy again. Fortunately, with plenty of holidays coming up, we'll still have some fun outfits! Any favorite pieces of ridiculousness from today?

6 comments:

  1. ahahahahaha the orange boots just really put it over the top for me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much more ridiculous than the black ones the other horses have!

      Delete
  2. That helmet is actually so epic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thank you!!! One K made my life when they made this color change system.

      Delete