Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Truthful Tuesday

 

Heh... this is a good one. I brought the last two horses home at the end of May. You already know this. But what I probably haven't mentioned is that I have yet to turn around and unhook the trailer. Partly it was because I figured we'd be going to some one day shows and I don't really need the truck in the summer. So I just left them attached. Also partly because turning it around it such a PITA. I live on the corner of two relatively busy state roads, and I have to pull out into the street and back in. I have to time it right when the road isn't too busy so no one hits me. 

It worked in my favor this weekend though as I had to move the trailer for my hay guy to get through to the hay barn. And I have the manure bin getting emptied today which is down next to the hay barn. I can back the trailer up to the house more closely if it's facing the wrong way, so this worked out well. But now, since it's in position to turn around, I guess I should go ahead and do that... We'll see if it happens! Will keep you posted. 

4 comments:

  1. This is 100% something I would do if my husband didn't bitch about me leaving the truck outside longer than a day or two 🤣🤣 and I don't even have your excuse, mine is relatively easy to back into place I'm just terrible at it 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't in fact turn it around and unhook it. I just pulled it back to where it was before... I'm the worst. Haha!
      Backing the trailer isn't all that horrible, but what makes it so hard is that you can't see anything around them! Makes you feel like you're doing a bad job, even if you're not.

      Delete
  2. i 100% leave my truck and trailer hooked up basically full time.... which, is mighty inconvenient and discouraging when i really *ought* to go do stuff like get my truck's oil changed, ahem....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! RIGHT?? My truck has a recall on it I need to have addressed... but it's busy right now. Being attached to my trailer.

      Delete