Thursday, July 28, 2022

Thursday's Threads: Thirsty Thursday edition

 

Outfit day! Nothing says summer more than cookout party games, right?? So with that in mind, here's what Shiny and I wore this week!


Shiny normally can only partially participate in some of our crazier outfits. She uses saddle pads with the half pad built in to minimize bulk under her saddle. (She's the widest animal on the planet and her saddle fits quite well, so there's not much room for excess in there.) That is until now! We found something interesting to try and I think it works quite well. More on that later though. We'll start with Shiny's outfit so we can get to that more quickly. Here's what she wore:

I swear, the girth makes her look even fatter... I don't know what to do with her. She's going to have to start working twice a day or something! 

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: made my me

If not for that browband, this would be an elegant photo... Lol! It's still adorable! I made that browband from a dog leash. 

Boots: Equine Star
You can't look at beer pong boots and not giggle. Or at least think back to college. I don't drink beer, but I do enjoy a good game of pong. I used to get myself a designated drinker when I played. Or just play with something else. I guess these days you could play with seltzers. Probably a good thing spiked seltzer didn't exist when I was in college. I might not have made it through!

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Equine Star
Sheepskin liner: Eskadron
That front part actually can roll back so it looks neater, but I hadn't figured that out yet when I took this photo. This sheepskin liner is from Eskadron, and it's meant to be used under any saddle pad that has billet straps. I really like it for Shiny! I was concerned it might shift, but it didn't at all, and felt great to ride with. Shiny seemed to like it well enough, she was great today! 

This is the underside of it once attached to the pad

It has these little tabs to thread the billet strap through, which holds it in place.
Have you guys seen this pad before?  I don't think I had, or never paid attention to it, but I'm glad I've stumbled upon it now! I have a bunch of pads I was thinking about getting rid of because I prefer baby pads for the other horses. But now I can use them on Shiny, so they can stick around.

That's what Shiny had one today, and here's what I wore:

Still missing having navy boots... I really need to get those zippers fixed!

Helmet: One K CCS MIPS
I don't wear this one that much in the summer which is nice since I was getting tired of it by the end of winter. But now I love it again!

Tee shirt: I can't figure out where I got this one, it's been awhile!

Party shirt! If I was younger, I'd wear this every Thursday. But I'm old. So I'll wear it once a summer.

Belt: C4
This belt is pretty much the reason for this entire outfit. I saw it advertised somewhere and decided I needed it. The rest of the outfit followed after. It's so silly and irresponsible. I love it!

Breeches: Le Fash
I've always kind of lusted after the stuff from Le Fash. Their shirts are so pretty and the breeches are lovely! But it's all really expensive. So I never ordered from them. But I found these breeches on FB marketplace last year and snapped them right up as they were very reasonably priced. I like them a lot. If I ever see another pair at a good price, I'd probably get them.

Boots: Celeris UK

Ummm.... Okay, yes you haven't seen these before. And yes, they ARE new... But before you lecture me for spending money I don't have, these were sample boots! They just happened to be almost exactly my size. And because there's maybe two other people on this planet with my boot measurements, they sat in the sample section for a long time. And the price just kept getting lower... So when I saw these for less than $250 shipped, I figured it would be irresponsible to NOT get them. I mean, every boot deserves someone to love it. 
This isn't as clear of a photo as I thought it was when I took it. Sorry about that! These have a very subtle crocodile embossing on the toe, heal, and the top part. Set into that top section is a little row of rhinestones which also run down the swagger tab. I probably would never bother with the rhinestones if I designed them, but I actually do like them. 
They aren't a perfect fit. The foot is about a half size big, and they're just a touch shorter than my other pairs. They fit about perfectly on the widest part of my calf, but are slightly loose everywhere else. But they aren't as loose as my older customs, so I think they'll do just fine! Today was my second day riding in them, and they already feel pretty broken in. Probably one more day of riding everyone and they'll be perfect.

That's it for today! Any favorites? Thoughts on the Eskadron pad?



4 comments:

  1. That eskadron pad that attaches to the billet straps sounds really cool! And I love the outfit, despite also not being a beer drinker lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cool! I was nervous I might hate it, but couldn't resist trying it. And I'm glad I did!

      Delete
  2. Haha the le fash store is actually on the way to my barn..i drive by it 5 times a week, thank god they open late otherwise i would be in debt, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! I'm not sure I could resist their beautiful stuff if I saw it in person!

      Delete