Thursday, July 21, 2022

Thursday's Threads

 

Outfit Day! I always feel like I need something simple after a really ridiculous outfit like last week. So this week I have a bit of a pallet cleanser if you will... For me, that cleanser is obviously going to be my farm colors. And probably have some logos somewhere too. I let lumpy Eros model today as he wanted you all to see how horrible I am making him ride with bumps all over. (In my defense, there weren't any where the saddle and girth go! And we really did not do much, it's stupid hot and humid here at the moment.) So here we go! This is what Eros wore today:

I forgot to snap photos pre ride, so this is the after. At this point, he had zero interest in my nonsense and this was the nicest I could get him to look.... Poor, poor Eros. He lives the worst life. 

Bridle: Pinnacle
Browband: Boy O'Boy Bridleworks

He's just so cute. Even when he's bumpy. Yes, he's wearing ear plugs. Not sure what his drama is lately, but without them he can't horse at all. With them? He's a little angel. Okay then, buddy.

Boots: Punk Ponies
I love me some Punk Ponies boots. They aren't the fanciest most high end boots out there, but they come in every color you could dream of, and the price point is perfect. Even with the international shipping. 

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Um... I can't recall...
Half Pad: Mattes
I'm not sure if I dressed him this poorly, or if the saddle and half pad slipped back some while I was riding... But this is a look huh? Lol! I really like these saddle pads. I can't recall the name of the lady who made them. She closed up her shop a few years back which is too bad, because I would love to get more from her. 
Also, that's our new shimmable half pad! It arrived faster than I expected, and I really like it. Eros seems to like it too!

So that's what Eros was wearing today. Here's what I had on:

I've worn quite a few tank tops on here this summer.... Not my norm, but when it's hot, it's hot! 

Helmet: One K CCS MIPS
Probably should have worn the wide brim today... but it was still kinda sweaty from yesterday. Ew. So I went with this one. 

Top: Artscow
I probably should have gotten this a size smaller. Artscow is a chinese company that will print pretty much anything you can dream up on all kinds of things. But the sizing is tricky. I wear either a medium or a large there and I went with large for the tanks. If I ever order again, I'll size down I guess. I just wear a cami under this one and it works fine even if it's a bit loose. 

Belt: Home made
This is the belt I mentioned recently that I made with biothane and the Cricut. While I think it looks great, I try to be honest on this here blog.... The letters are not sticking permanently to the biothane. Pammon's has lost all his letters and Eros' is heading that way too. This was permanent adhesive vinyl, I may try again with iron-on maybe... Or another brand adhesive. I'm not sure. I feel like it really should work, but it's not. Cute though, right?

Breeches: Ariat
These are VERY old. But they are a nice light weight fabric and light color which is what I was after for the weather here today. It wasn't THAT hot, I think it only hit 90 for a little bit, but the humidity was pretty oppressive and the sun was burning. 

Boots: Dover
The more I ride in these inexpensive boots, the more I like them. They're SO comfy! They feel plenty grippy in the saddle, and I love that they are nice and tall. 

That's it for this week! Anything you liked from today? Anything you're still waiting to see? 


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you did a logo outfit and didn't use your logo (human) boots! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Two fold reason: first, these are more comfortable and I was looking for that. Second, I was trying to keep it low key after last weeks over the topness. But I still LOVE those boots. I keep trying to convince Celeris to make me a pair, but they don't do the cutout work. Boo.

      Delete