Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Truthful Tuesday

 

So I spent many hours on my ladder again last week, and realized I had something to shame myself about. First, an observation. One of my accounts is a barn full of more lower level kiddos. I don't think anyone jumps higher than 2'6" and the horses are LOVELY, but maybe not as fancy as some of my other accounts. But you know what? These horses are a dream to braid. They are so polite. They stand nicely. For the most part, their manes are pretty well prepped. Though, perhaps, not as clean as at some of the fancier barns. On the plus side, the manes may be a bit dirty, but they don't have any slippery spray conditioner in them either. I'll take dirty over slippery any day. 

Now for my own shaming. Whilst at one of the fancier barns, I was braiding a horse who was being a total pain in the arse. He was in the school barn, so I assumed he was a lesson horse, though it's possible he's not. I have no idea honestly. Now, this horse was not being dangerous, just SUPER annoying. He would not keep his feet still and I had to move my ladder no less than 10 million times. So what does one do in this situation? For the most part you just try to ignore it. But when you're sleep deprived and standing on a ladder with an obnoxious horse in the middle of the night, sometimes it's hard to ignore. Apparently, I get a little verbally abusive... I told this horse that his behavior is why he's a school horse and not a real show horse. (Like that's something to strive for? Lol!) I also told him in many different ways that he's incredibly irritating and he's lucky someone actually wants to take him to a horse show. (Is he though? I bet he'd rather stay home.) I also called him a lot of names. Hopefully he doesn't speak english and isn't traumatized by my emotional abuse during our braiding session. He did come out decently though, despite his lack of standing still. 

So that's my confession. I'm not always very nice with my words when I'm braiding.


2 comments:

  1. It’s ok. It’s better to vent verbally then get tight. 😁 I so admire your braids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope this horse doesn't speak English... Lol!
      Thank you! Lots of years of practice. I'm still not as good as the full time pros, but I think they get a little better the more I do.

      Delete