Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Truthful Tuesday

 

Lol... It might be possible that I'm not so careful when braiding. Events over the last year or so support this hypothesis. Case in point: Today's confession. 

So I was braiding this horse Roman who I braided last fall too. He's a good dude. Better at night when his humans aren't around to distract him. But still a good dude, regardless. I'm braiding along, listening to some tv on my phone... (I was streaming Inventing Anna from my back pocket.) Anyway, Roman suggested to me that he had an itch on his belly and he might like for me to move out of his way so he could get it. I kind of ignored him. So he went at that itch anyway. Rightfully so. He DID ask. I should have listened. So I went to hop off my ladder so I wouldn't fall off. But what I didn't realize was that his feed pan was right about where I was landing. So I stepped on the edge of it and half fell over.... Right into poop. So yeah. I then had horse poo on my pant leg for the rest of the night. Thankfully, I did him in the middle of my list, so it was only half a night being poo covered. 

So that's my confession today. It's time I get a little more focused whilst on my ladder. Anyone else ever fall in some poop? Were you lucky like me that no one was around? Or did you have to own it in front of a whole bunch of people?

6 comments:

  1. We have really sticky clay mud here, and in the winter my dry lots are generally.... Quicksand clay lots. One year my boot got stuck turning horses out and I fell face first into.... What was definitely a poop-urine-mud concoction. Very gross 🙈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I'm glad it happened at home without much audience at least!

      Delete
  2. ugh please don't die falling off a ladder while braiding horses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have llamas and alpacas at work that live out in the pasture. A couple of years ago a coworker and I were taking hay out to them and I got my boot stuck in the mud pushing the wheelbarrow. When I went to yank my foot, I lost my boot and stepped in the mud in my sock, and it went halfway up my calf. Thankfully we wear scrubs and have laundry at work so I was able to change my pants and wash my socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, that's the worst! I had that happen once last year when Pammon was living out. So gross!

      Delete