Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Truthful Tuesday

 

Soooo.... a couple of friends of mine are the owners of Pinsnickety. Those adorable pins for attaching your number to your saddle pad. And they needed a little help for some marketing they're planning and I offered to assist. It required me to stack my saddle pads. And guys? The result was shocking. And a little embarrassing. And if we're being truthful, it didn't quite include ALL of my pads. I didn't count. I've learned over the years to never know exactly how many things you have when it's obviously too many. But even I was kind of shocked. I actually stacked in three piles. One for the pads with the built in half pad (like Shiny wears), one for the baby pads, and one for regular pads. The regular pad stack fell over and had to be supported from behind. It was ridiculous. 

Clearly, I was shocked.

To be fair, I am very short. 5'2" and 1/4. So maybe it's 
slightly less impressive than it looks. But still. 
This is ridiculous.

It took like half my day yesterday to pull all of these out, stack them, (and re-stack them), and then put them back. But It was actually productive because I pulled out a few to sell. Not enough. But some anyway. 

So that's my confession. All of those saddle pads. Ridiculous. Someone send help.


10 comments:

  1. OH. MY. GOD. That is.... so many saddle pads! I feel better about my collection hahahaha. But also sad you only have jump pads so I can't buy any off you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I had a lot from all the outfits, right? But like... this was ridiculous.
      There are a few oddly shaped jump pads, that I think are actually dressage pads. The black one Al wore a couple weeks ago for Thursday's Threads, and the same pad in brown.

      Delete
  2. Next time my husband tells me I have too many saddle pads I'm going to pull up this post. :) So thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahhaha i have about half that but i only have one horse...kind of :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, technically you have as many horses as I do. It's just you can't ride most of them...

      Delete
  4. LOL this is excellent. I also have way too many saddle pads but don't even come close to where you are. PS I love those pins from Pinsnickety

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is insanity really. It was better when I didn't realize how many there were...
      I do too! They're so cute!

      Delete
  5. Oh my lord collecting saddle pads is so easy to do - they’re all so pretty! And functional! I got really bad about it with so many inexpensive consignment options… tho after last years trailer clean out when I kept finding more and more pads that never get used, I actually just gave them all away to barn rats. Haven’t missed em since either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I hadn't started all that Thursday's Threads nonsense, this wouldn't be like this... But here we are. At least they are providing entertainment though... right?

      Delete