Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Truthful Tuesday

 


Well... It finally happened. I'm not known for my skills in the kitchen, though I can manage well enough to feed myself. Usually anyway. I've cooked many a meal on the stove top and a few in the oven. I've even made lots of things to eat in the toaster oven (perfect size oven for a family of 1). I've managed to make all of these meals over the last 42 years without lighting anything on fire! 

Alas, I can no longer make that claim. Monday morning I was toasting a bagel in my new toaster oven/air fryer combo machine. The bagel was sliced in half, but the two sides were still attached in one spot. When I went to pull them out of the oven, they broke apart and one side fell through to the oven coil and promptly burst into flames! Have you ever seen this?! I figured it would just get burnt but no, ACTUAL flames were shooting off the bagel. Fortunately, I knew enough to just close the oven door and unplug the thing which put out the fire pretty quickly. No damage to anything but my breakfast fortunately. 

While I'm sad my no kitchen fire streak has come to an end, I'm just really glad I managed to not burn the house down. And THAT my friends, is why I don't cook much!

6 comments:

  1. Omg haha that sounds extremely unnecessarily dramatic for a bagel lol glad you could get it out quickly !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pro tip, if you don't clean out your air fryer often enough, it will also catch on fire 🤣 (ask me how I know lol). Glad you were able to put the fire out without much fuss though haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I'll make sure to stay on top of that! Lol!

      Delete
  3. Well at least it came to an end in a relatively harmless way. :)

    ReplyDelete