Thursday, May 5, 2022

Thursday's Threads: Not Navy Edition!

 

Outfit Day AT HOME! Finally! I'm so excited to share this outfit with you. I've been working on it for awhile now. So let's get right to it! Here's what I wore:

Brown and Rose Gold! Finally! I did a black and rose gold outfit awhile back, but wasn't in love with the tack I had. And then I stumbled across some brown and rose gold things... and well... Here we are.

Helmet: IRH

I couldn't find myself a MIPS helmet that was brown and rose gold that wasn't custom or a gazillion dollars, so this one is not MIPS. It fits REALLY well though so it should still do a decent job of keeping my head safe. Not the best photo to show the rose gold trim, but you can get the idea. 

Tee Shirt: Ariat
It's not EXACTLY rose gold, but close enough. 

Belt: Amazon
Buckle: Mane Jane
I finally got this belt finished! It took FOREVER for the rest of the studs to arrive after I didn't order enough the first time around. But eventually they got here and I finished it. I like how it came out, and LOVE that the Mane Jane buckle fits with it.

Breeches: Dover Wellesley 9000
I have these in a few colors and really like them! For some reason, this pair fits a little big, but I'm sure the dryer will fix that for me. To make them a little more perfect for my rose gold outfit, I added some rose gold pyramid studs to all of the belt loops. I thought about lining the pockets too, but decided not to. I can always do it later if I change my mind. 

Boots: Dover Riding Sport
I have a few pairs of brown boots at this point, but I wasn't sure if what I had planned to do to these was going to work and I didn't want to ruin any of the others. So I got these cheapo boots to deface with less risk. I added the little rose gold detail to the swagger tab and then I got rose gold eyelets for the shoe lace holes. 
I think they came out cute! And the boots are pretty comfy too. I rode in them for the first time yesterday, and though a little slippery they didn't leave any wounds on me!

That's what I wore, and here's what the horses had on:

Bridle: Winner Special

Okay, so it's probably obvious, but this is the piece of tack that started the brown and rose gold spiral. I found these bridles on an Italian website and at the time they were only $105 US (plus shipping). I have to tell you, cheap Italian leather is SOOOO nice compared to all other cheap leather. Like, SO NICE. It's really soft right out out of the bag and even better with a little oil. There are a couple things I don't love about the bridles. One is that it comes with a flash and the little loop doesn't come off. I could cut them off, but I think I'll probably just leave them. They aren't show bridles. The other thing I don't love is the buckles at the bit side of the cheeks and on the reins. I prefer the hooks generally. But the rose gold is so fun, I can totally deal with these. Here's a link to the bridles if you're interested. https://www.selleriagianetti.com/prodotto/testiera-clincher-oro-rosa/ This tack shop has all kinds of fun things I haven't seen elsewhere. I got a saddle carrier that's a backpack for if/when I fly with a saddle again. And I also found dark green terry cloth sheets for the horses. Shipping is a little expensive, but the stuff arrives in two or three days which is totally worth paying for.

Boots: Horze

I added some rose gold details to the velcro flaps on these. So they fit the theme without being too much.

Eros:
Saddle- Butet
Baby Pad-Lettia
Half Pad- Premier Equine
Shiny:
Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Pad: Premier Equine

For Eros, I took a plain Lettia baby pad and added pyramid studs to the edge. I love how it came out! Not enough to make two of them... I had to add each of those studs by hand! Took forever. Worth it! But like, not enough to make more. 
Shiny's pad is one of the newer Premier Equine pads. This one has little silicone grips under the saddle to keep it from sliding around up there which is a nice feature when you ride a wine barrel. 

And that's it for this week! Wasn't it fun to have new stuff on here? Do you like brown with rose gold?

10 comments:

  1. I love the brown and rose gold and the return of fun outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so excited to have some fun with our outfits again!

      Delete
  2. I'm not typically a rose gold person but that helmet is gorg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried not to jump on the rose gold bandwagon. But I failed immensely. Lol!

      Delete
  3. I am ridiculously excited for the return of your wild Thursday threads posts 🤣🤩 you set the bar pretty high with this one off the bat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited too!!! This one is fun and wild, but not toooooo crazy. I don't have a lot of new stuff to share, but revisiting the old ones should be fun too.

      Delete
  4. That belt turned out so nice! Also, I have been tempted by the PEI pads, and you are not helping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's not perfect if you look too closely... but once it's on, I think it's just fine.
      The PEI pads are really nice. You won't regret having one!

      Delete
  5. Yeah outfits!! I love anything with rose gold - black, brown, purple. lol (and this is Laura, btw. Work computer wants me to be anonymous!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO! It looks pretty fab with hunter green too... Someone needs to stop me before I change my colors to hunter and rose gold!

      Delete