Wednesday, May 25, 2022

What's Up Wednesday

 

I dunno where the time goes... I nearly forgot to write this post today! Things are going well with all the four leggeds over here. The weekend was a little hot and humid, but no complaints here! I love summer weather! Just waiting on the pool guy to come open the pool and we'll officially be in the best time of the year in New England! Anyway... You're not here for a weather report. Let's talk ponies!

Al really seems to be enjoying his new (loaner) saddle! I wasn't loving the flap initially, and would definitely still prefer the slightly more forward one that I ordered, but the loaner saddle is breaking in beautifully and it's much more comfortable after a week's worth of rides. I had a couple more lessons with the new instructor this week, and they both went well. Every time I jump this horse I like him even more. He's just so game! (And forgiving...) I have two more lessons this week, I think with the barn owner, and then he'll be home and I'll have to figure things out unsupervised! Well... not really. My old trainer should be back from Florida the same week, and she said she's happy to come over for some lessons. So I'm SUPER excited for that!


Unfortunately for Eros, his vet appointment last Friday had to be rescheduled due to a sick vet. So he's still waiting on those hock injections I promised him. The new date is June 3rd. Eros is very much looking forward to that! In the meantime, I've shortened his unruly mane. We've also been riding regularly and popping over some little fences. He's been absolutely perfect. I really think he's just a lot more relaxed here at home. That and I don't make him flat for too long before we jump. He really seems to be offended by having to do real flat work before jumping. He has so many opinions. He IS a chestnut! He was VERY happy for the return of Sunday Funday though!

I mean, who doesn't love a quick bareback ride followed by fresh spring snackies in the back yard?

Pammon is doing great these days! We're riding outside regularly without too much drama. He even stayed working when the other horses we were riding with went back inside! That's hard for him. He hates when his buddies leave. He's fine alone if he starts alone, but he doesn't like being left. I don't blame him. We're up to about 20 minutes of full trot work and about five minutes of cantering. We're still just cantering round and round on the rail, but once we get to ten minutes we'll have a check and then proceed with circles and lead changes. Maybe we'll even get to start jumping one of these days! And if all that goes well, he'll be ready to find himself a lease kid. Hopefully. Fingers crossed. Much as as I absolutely LOVE having four horses to ride everyday, it's really expensive. Especially these days. So it would be super if one of them could earn his own way. At least for a year or two. But that's still a bit in the future. First we have to get through the rest of rehab. For now, I just get to enjoy him! He's such a character. All the kids love him at the barn. One of the teenagers brought her family out the other day, and her brother had a friend with him. They were all taking selfies with Pammon because he was being so personable, despite the fact that the teen herself has a LOVELY horse of her own. Everyone loves Pammon! 
I'm looking forward to having home too. Nothing better than some Pammon snuggles at bed time!

Shiny's still about the same as far as her leg goes. Today after our ride it looked the closest to normal that it has in a long time though. So hopefully we're on the right path. As for her mental state... Sunday Funday made her SO HAPPY! I forgot how much she enjoys a play day. When I got on her Tuesday (after she warmed up with the Shiny shuffle of course) she was ready to work. She picked up canter both ways without kicking out! And while I haven't been insisting on her framing up and lifting her back, she willingly was doing that on her own the last two days. It's interesting how a day off doesn't do that same thing for her emotionally as a bareback ride and snackies in the yard. Hey, girl knows what she likes! 
And what she likes is bareback snackies. Understood Shiny. 

In other news, the doggos are loving the nice weather!

It's nearly impossible to get photos of them together though. They're rarely facing the same way and Rita is a little whirling dervish out there! Silly doggo. 

And the last bit of semi exciting news... Remember my mint and gold boots that arrived basically white?
These ones!
Well, I finally found some boot cream that seemed like the color I was after. It's not EXACTLY what I wanted, but they're looking SO much better! And I'd definitely call them mint green now.
The left one is the after. Right is before.
I'll debut them for outfit day soon, and 
will have better lit photos then. 

That's about it from here. I've got Pivo back up and running so hopefully will have more fun media in the weeks ahead. Did you all have a good week/weekend?

6 comments:

  1. So many exciting things happening!! And wow those boots 🤩

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I brought them out in the sunlight tonight... they need a little evening out work. Lol! But still better than before!

      Delete
  2. How many boots is that now? :) I'm glad that horses are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I actually sold five pair last month! And I got these awhile back, so the number has gone down... Not sure to what though. So clearly too many still! Haha!

      Delete
  3. lol i think charlie is channeling shiny vibes these days.... but he's too big to be such a friggin pony omg. glad all the horses are doing well, and excited to see lessons at home with Al!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! The whole "I don't wanna you have to make me" attitude is a little exhausting. Doubly so on a giant one I'm sure!

      Delete