Thursday, December 9, 2021

Thursday's Threads: Flannel Friday edition

 


This is a little bit of a throwback outfit day. I still had one outfit yet to share from Spirit Week, so I'm sharing it today! It's a short one because it seems I didn't snap all the photos, and it will only feature Eros since he's the only one that counted for the points for our quadrant. (And Al had not yet arrived!) But it's pretty fun all the same!

So here's what Eros and I wore all together:

I don't mean to brag, but I think we took Flannel Friday to the highest level. I was a little sad that it was a lovely warm day though, because I was hoping to also use our buffalo plaid quarter sheet. But ya know, gotta keep the horse comfortable!

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: made by me from a dog leash
Bonnet: Hopeful Equestrian
I had several classier photos of Eros sporting this look, but I had to choose this photo. His silly expression just accentuates the ridiculousness. 

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Hopeful Equestrian
Half Pad: Ippico

Boots: DSB, but embellished by me!
Polo wraps: Hopeful Equestrian
You guys remember the interchangeable boots right? Here they are, back in action! I'm so glad I made these, they come in handy for outfit days.

And here's what I wore! (The abbreviated version.)
The helmet is my One K with some red inserts. I actually used some washi tape to make the center section buffalo plaid, but I'm a terrible blogger and forgot to snap a photo. I'm sure I'll use it again though, so you'll see it eventually. 
I'm not sure on the brand of the top. It comes from a small shop in Vermont but doesn't have a brand label inside. It was a gift from my little brother awhile back. It's INSANELY warm as it's actually wool. A little long for riding, but I made it work. 
The breeches are Ovation Aqua-X which you all have seen a million times at this point. 

Boots: Tuffrider Regal
Soooo... Washi tape does not actually work very well to embellish boots, nor to make spur straps. It didn't stick all that well, but did stay on long enough for my Eros ride. It does look legit though! 

That's it for Flannel Friday! I'll do my best to do better next week... Maybe all the tall kids will join in finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment